First week with HR44 and directv. Some issues.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sanchez

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
WV
I really like the hardware and channel packages so far. The genie wireless mini clients also working well.

One issue that I'd like to straighten out is watching shows online and through the android app. When I log into directv online and view my packages and equipment they are correct. But when I try to watch episodes of dexter it tells me I'm not subscribed to that channel (which is wrong because I have 3 months of free premiums). I've googled this and it appears I may be able to login online and "refresh my services". But for the life of me I do not see that option in my online settings. Can anyone point me to the right location?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Sometimes free services may not qualify for the on-demand, which the app is a link thereof. Is there a showtime 2 go app for android like there is for iOS? That may be an option.

Can you download/view on demand showtime from channel 1545?

All of the on demand content works fine on the tv from the genie. But none of it works online or in the android app. I just tried to stream a show from the history channel and got this

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376007238768.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376007238768.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 247
Same issue I think

I had my install done 1 week ago. I believe that I have the same problem. I tried calling and got nowhere - the person obviously didn't have a clue what I meant by web access to my shows. Lots of help about watching using the boxes, but not at all relevant.

I had slightly better luck with email support. However they are saying it is some sort of undefined system option and they are investigating. I am running out of patience.

I'd be interested to know what happens if you try to schedule a recording using the web? I also get an 'upgrade required' message any time I try to do that as well.

I had my install done 1 week ago. I believe that I have the same problem. I tried calling and got nowhere - the person obviously didn't have a clue what I meant by web access to my shows. Lots of help about watching using the boxes, but not at all relevant.

I had slightly better luck with email support. However they are saying it is some sort of undefined system option and they are investigating. I am running out of patience.

I'd be interested to know what happens if you try to schedule a recording using the web? I also get an 'upgrade required' message any time I try to do that as well.

DirecTv is having several issues with their server functionality, some of the problems have been fixed but not all as yet.

As far as dexter goes, you'll have better luck if you download "Showtime Anytime". It's showtimes online App, and your directv account lets you in. The online apps from the movie channels themselves are usually better than DirecTV's and last I checked,l all of them let you in with your directv account (as long as your subscribed to that channel, of course).. e.g. If you get HBO, you can get "HBO GO".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts