First Windows Phone 7.5 “Mango” device goes on sale

Another good observation, not totally dependent on the OS, but has alot to do with lack of widgets I would wager. Battery life on the phone is excellent.
Im going to give it a few days and Ill do a review on the OS as I see it.

This has a chance to answer whether calling the phone OS Windows was a good move
Windows phones creeping into consumer consciousness
I think MS achieved something: 44% will consider WP7 as their next smartphone.
Certainly more than you would expect from a platform with single digit market share...

I believe Zune was MS attempt to change the branding.
It did not work. They returned to Windows.

Diogen.

And while Windows Phone has garnered some attention, 45 percent of respondents didn’t even know it existed

This from the above link goes back to my argument in the thread that the platform isnt selling not because of previous attempts that have failed. It is not selling, IMHO, because it is not being pushed by the carriers yet, and a large portion of potential (general, not tech types like many of us) customers simply are not aware of it.

As that changes, and people actually use the OS, I think they have a decent chance of getting some good market share. Will they ever catch Android or IOS? Who knows.

This from the above link goes back to my argument in the thread that the platform isnt selling not because of previous attempts that have failed. It is not selling, IMHO, because it is not being pushed by the carriers yet...
Half-full, half-empty, I guess.
Yes, it could have been more. Much more.
But having 44% in this "boycott" environment is something of note, I believe...

Diogen.

Half-full, half-empty, I guess.
Yes, it could have been more. Much more.
But having 44% in this "boycott" environment is something of note, I believe...

Diogen.
exactly!! i couldn't have said it better myself......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)