First Windows Phone 7.5 “Mango” device goes on sale

rockymtnhigh said:
As long as they call them windows phones they will suffer with the following perception images:

* slow to boot

* blue screen of death

* virus and spy-ware/malware-laden

* did I say blue screen of death ??

* slow to shut-down

Like it or not, those are common Windows images; and even though Windows 7 is a solid operating system, it carries with it the same legacy. People might not know about WM6, or earlier, but they sure as heck know what a Blue Screen of Death is, and they associate it with.... Windows.

I don't think calling it the XBox phone would have worked, but they would probably be better calling it the Zune phone than Windows mobile.

Maybe they can boot into Ubuntu.

Go troll another thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im going to start trolling every android and apple thread there is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

msmith198025 said:
Go troll another thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im going to start trolling every android and apple thread there is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does the windows phone let you troll or does the security prevent it in the new SP1. :D

Maybe you can start a favorite windows phone app thread but they don't have any. :D

cybok0 said:
Does the windows phone let you troll or does the security prevent it in the new SP1. :D

Maybe you can start a favorite windows phone app thread but they don't have any. :D

LMAO. :) :D

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

nothing to do with the os, but this is the first HTC phone I've had with reception on oar with Motorola or bb.

iPhone and Android cost $$ but windows phone is free from your carrier.
I don't think it has to be free.
For example: MS pays for the advert campaign...

Don't forget the netbook story.
It started with Linux and 6 months later their was no trace of it.

The "offer they can't refuse" is alive in well...

Diogen.

<p></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
It should come out for them all around the same time correct?

Depends on how hard a line Microsoft takes with the carriers. If they let them get away with the same crap Google and RIM let them get away with, we could see long delays so the carriers can disable features they want to charge extra for and load it up with crapware. OTOH, if they do like Apple did, and say "Hands off. Nobody touches our OS but US", then it could be rolled out at the same time.

I thought the one for all WAS the plan, but that could have changed. Hopefully not. Fragmentation is androids Achilles heel.

isaacmorseMI said:

Truth hurts? I 100% agree that android does have an issue on how fragmented there OS rollouts are. They need to get control of the providers and phone makers.

Truth hurts? I 100% agree that android does have an issue on how fragmented there OS rollouts are. They need to get control of the providers and phone makers.

I agree with that too. Google said at Google I/O they reached some pact with the phone makers that would fix the fragmentation issues. Obviously that hasn't happened yet. :( I STILL don't have Gingerbread on my ThunderBolt. :rant:I love everything else about Android though.

Thus the double-edged sword of open source. Yes, you can write anything you want for it, but the carriers can lock it down as tight as they want. Disable whatever features they want and load it up with as much bloatware as they want. Then you end up having to root your device just to be able to use it's full functionality. At that point, what was the advantage over iOS, WP7 and RIM? Oh, I forgot. Widgets. :rolleyes:

Tyralak said:
Thus the double-edged sword of open source. Yes, you can write anything you want for it, but the carriers can lock it down as tight as they want. Disable whatever features they want and load it up with as much bloatware as they want. Then you end up having to root your device just to be able to use it's full functionality. At that point, what was the advantage over iOS, WP7 and RIM? Oh, I forgot. Widgets. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to start a war with you over this and I don't want to hijack this thread, I was having fun with Todd earlier, but I had a BB and I had to hack it to get functionality and get rid of bloatware, people jailbreak iOS to take back control of their iwhatever and there is a hack for the windows phone, I'm not sure what it's for since I don't own one.

forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=606

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)