Fix TNT audio?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mhiles

Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Hello all,

My question is one of audio overmodulation. I am amazed that I cannot find more internet posts/info about this, and maybe it is not a problem on small dishes, but the audio for TNT on analog C-band (ch. G5-17) is way overmodulated and distorted. This is the only channel I have this problem with, so I guess I have two questions:

1. Am I the only one with this problem?
2. Any ideas how I can fix it?

I am very familiar with tuning my c-band dish, and this is not a tuning issue. Again, TNT is the only channel I have this problem with.

Any help would be appreciated!

Mike

I honestly don't notice any problem that might be there nor has anyone in my household using a 922 receiver. Is this something that would be readily apparent or is it somewhat subtle.

SD

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I don't think it is subtle at all, but try this. Pick another analog c-band channel and set the volume to a loud but comfortable level. Now switch to TNT. For me the audio is much louder and noticeably distorted on loud voices or noises. 922 receiver here too.

If it is my system, why would I only have this problem on this channel? I am puzzled....

Tried that and still really don't notice any change. Volume level seems the same as long as you go from a program on one to a program on another. However, all bets are off when a commercial is running. Not getting any other noise in the background so haven't a clue where the issue might be.

SD

PS- I do recall some periods when scifi (tran 18) volume was very low on some programming and shifted to normal during commercials. However it was the only transponder that seemed to be out of sync in volume compared to the others and not just TNT.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)