Fixing to buy a new amp

Not being able to see them I had a little feear. We used to have a lot of "cherry" and "walnut" stuff, and I got burnt out. These look classy.

Still surprised how much bigger it is than the RF82II

IMG_0885_zpsw5gxc7rc.jpg

Nope, my run of poor luck continued.

I got the amp from a guy who took down his HT. Amp came with wrong power cord, looks like from his AVR lol. I sold the emotiva today, so I am running off the 4520ci LOL. Second cherry RF7ii is delayed because of weather, so it might not be here until Wed or Thu now...

Anyways, I did some research and found a cord, so I will be going Tuesday. Seller is out of town and will look for other when he gets back, plus reimburse the $20 for this one.

Amazon product ASIN B0093WFTYS
IMG_0917_zpsrtld1hfq.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B0093WFTYS
71jWAULTibL._SL1500_.jpg

Couldn't resist it, kinda the last piece of the audio puzzle for now.

Marantz - 11.2-Ch. 4K Ultra HD and 3D Pass-Through A/V Preamplifier - Black
  • Model: AV7702

Man, found a guy who may want to work out a trade and he has an RC-7 center. It was the model years before the reference II line (2001-06), but it should pair fine with the RF-7ii towers. Has the larger 1.75" tweeter and dual 8" woofers. Now thats center!!!

I dont know how many "you have Klipsch speakers you do not need a separate amp" arguments I have to have with people at AVS, especially the ones that have actually never owned an amp.

Well, looks like the second cherry RF7ii is on town, and the amp cord will be here today. Marantz preamp should be here Wed or Thu, so we are close to getting this baby done.

Reactions: teachsac
Just found out the RC7 is black, and has some scratches, I so may punt on that idea. I will probably sell the 4520ci this weekend and use that money towards an RC64ii B-stock center ($800 or so). I will have to make a new shelf for the preamp, but I need a center with the larger horn, and this may be my option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)