Fixing to buy a new amp

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Twins!

IMG_0932_zpsgoymayay.jpg

The RC-64 would be a really good match for the RF-7IIs. RC-7s are discontinued and could be hard to find, especially in cherry. Oops. I have the RC-7 (no RC-6). Of course it's black.

S~

Yeah, I was looking and thought you might have the 7, couldnt find a 6. I know the RC7 is a hoss from everything I have read.

I think I am going to sell the 4520ci, and flip that money to a cherry rc64ii. They are coming down and can be easily found for $899. Rumor is these RF7ii and RC64ii flagship reference models will be replaced later this year with updates, but Klipsch is still making both.

Got one more device coming (thanks for the input teachsac)

http://www.panamax.com/Products/A-V-Components/MR5100.php

mr5100-front.png

mr5100-back.png

This allows me to get rid of two conditioners I have now (one is a UPS) and save some space. Wanted this model because it is rated 15amp and 1800w, not 13amp like some and it has four high current banks. With two subs and an amp, I need three.

Should have everything in, including the Marantz preamp tomorrow afternoon, so I guess Thursday night will be me tearing everything out and re-doing my system.

I'll try and sell the 4520ci next week, and then try and upgrade the center after we get back from Vacation (vegas baby!).

LOL. I generally do not gamble, even when we go to Biloxi. I like the people watching, the music, the food and the booze! I got suckered into this one. We went on our honeymoon and I am not keen on visiting the same place twice, but the paw-in-law has never been sooooo.

Well, taking everything out tonight, should have preamp tomorrow. My BJC 12AWG cables were way to long for this setup, so I took this chance to pull them out, get banana plugs on the one end that didn't have welded plugs, and trim them down to accurate lengths. Also finally got to test the 7500 on the old towers before I pulled them and it is working fine.

IMG_0941_zpsuspxxvnr.jpg

Will load the 82ii's in the car Saturday for my buddy.

IMG_0939_zpsrpo9v9ug.jpg

Well, Marantz did not make in today %$&%^$^%$!!!!!

Anyways, hopefully will be here tomorrow, so I went ahead and pulled the stand out and moved all my gear around. Instead of the preamp sitting up on top next to the center, which can't happen if I get a 64ii, it will be right in the middle (empty hole). Tivo is moving out of system, so I put the power center, Oppo and Hopper all on the left. Will look pretty good once I get the AV7702 in there.

IMG_0947_zpsenpoald9.jpg

Will do. I won't have much time until Sunday night, but at least it is done!

I think I will need to get a center ASAP, because Audyssey is now dialing this one back to -12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts