FLASH: Dish 811 now $199 for Existing Customers!

dmodemd syas:
y'all just need to kick back and chill out and wait for Dish's archaic and slow corporate processes to catch up with Internet-age communications... before y'all go shootin' off emails to ceo.

And kill off our instant gratification buzz??? Never. :D

Besides, e-mail allows us to anonymously send off messages to someone we likely wouldn't contact via phone initially.

Cheers,

I find it simply amazing that Echostar would make a policy like that fully knowing that a huge percentage of their installers/dealers go belly up in the first two years of business. They should be able, as a simple matter of deductive reasoning, determine that a) there is a large number of Dish customers who no longer have an "original installer", b) there are a large number of Dish customers that never had an "original installer", and c) there are a large number of Dish customers who have moved many miles from their "original installers". Knowing this they still make an offer that is only good through your "original installer". They must not really want to let this unit go for $199.

Stacy

Ok - more questions:

1) This promotion is available to any existing non-lease customer regardless of when their DISH Network account was activated.

---- Does that mean if I call Dish today, order a 301, and call Dish tomorrow, they will be able to offer me an 811 for the promotional price of $199? (Assuming they fix the Dish sold it to me question..)

2) What about a retailer like Radio Shack or Wal-Mart? If I go there tonight and buy a 301 system for $99 - will they be able to provide an add-on for an 811 for $199? Or is this not for the large retail systems?

I'm asking because I'm an ex customer trying to 'reasonably' rejoin Dish. They only offer you the DHP to rejoin, which I've decided against. So that means I have to purchase equipment. I'm trying to avoid navigating the Wife maiden name route...

Chris

Just got off the phone with them...

...and the CSR said that they were having a special that started tomorrow, and she couldn't give me any information until tomorrow about it.

So, I guess I'll call back tomorrow...

No I do not.

I have played with one before.

Nothing really different then a Dish 6000 but with OpenTV software (So the guide looks like a 301)

I will have one here this week to play with. I will report on it after I have time to really sit down and play with it. I don't want to review it after having it plugged in for 5 minutes. That kind of review is not fair to anyone.

Hi, You guys that don't have your original dealers have to buy the 811 directly from Dish Network and they are taking orders now. I can get it for $149 and they will install any necessary switches.

Does anyone think they will have a similar deal after 1/31/04?! I'd really like to have a Dish 811 for the Den, a 510 for the living room and a 301 (or a 311 after hearing about the 8SPK) for a bedroom, but there's no such deal like that, so I was planning on getting an 811 and a 301 for the 1 year and then buy a 510 for the living room. However, if I could get a 510 and a 301 for a year's agreement, and then get an 811 for $199, I'd be saving a hundred dollars... which I'd be quite happy with. However, I'd really hate to go ahead and get this setup before the deal runs out because it will probably be March before I get my Hi-Def TV...

~Alan<~~~~~~~~Who probably bugs people asking so many questions...

WOW $149 Now someone take a bat and hit me in the head for buying the 6000

If you got a 6000 for $149 can you get a 811 for $149 ?

Hi, I bought the 6000 for the $149 too and I think Dish Network must really want to get all the HD users to be giving away the receivers that cost them at least $149 for the hardware and thats not including all software development. Now if we could just get them to drop the $5 extra charge for each DVR they might be able to compete with DirectTV.

No go for me on an 811 from Dish. Codes aren't in the computer yet. Try again tomorrow I guess.

If mike is just pulling our collective leg, I say ban him :)

Scott -- I just verified with Dish that they will indeed have the Promotion available for current Dish Customers for $199 with auto pay AT50 or higher tomorrow --That's Wenesday. Woohoo!!!! :p I asked him when I could call tommorrow and he laughed. He said that as soon as their computers were updated they would be able to take the orders. I am guessing that will be arround 9 or 10 AM Eastern time. I will start calling at 7 AM eastern time and will post as soon as my order is taken. Power to the Masses!!!! :D :D :D

If I just did the 2 yr. 510 deal last month, Can I also do the 811 deal now?

As a DHP customer I'm locked out of this deal. So I checked at DishDepot and they'll give me a $250 trade in on my 6K (sorry Scott, I don't see trade in's on your store site) so I'm getting a 811 for $149 and no commitment or CCAutopay. I should have it either Friday or Saturday.

I will NOT miss the 6K's EPG (or should I say lack thereof).

I just called a second time, knowing that two calls would yield two different answers.
I was told that 811s are $399 no-strings, or $199 with a one year commitment.
But that 811s must be gotten thru a local retailer, DISH won't be offering 811s directly. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts