FLASH: Dish 811 now $199 for Existing Customers!

811 special deal

I have followed this forum as a guest for a long time. The timely information on the $149 deal has saved me lots of bucks. I am scheduled for saturday install.

THANKS SCOTT!!! :)

$149 + Tax . Why do people never include that . And check your bill closely and make sure that you were not charged tax on $399

Called this morning.
Mine was $199 even, with NO TAX.
Shipping waived because I'm on autopay.
And free "installation", which is BS. They're
nuts if they think I'm going to let that bubba
touch my equipment.
At first the CSR asked if I wanted that installed,
or just wanted them to ship it. I, of course, said
ship it, but then was put on hold, and he came
back and told me that they must install it.

Dish Is Great

I must be lucky. I called and when the CSR answered I told her that I wanted the 811 deal and figured that with my account status(Just got off DHP)I would have to pay $199 rather than $149. She laughed and said I knew way to much. I told her that satellite guys keep me informed. The whole transaction took maybe 5 minutes and was handled very professionally. I will have installation on Monday and I sold my 6000 receiver Saturday for $429 on Ebay. Life Is Good. :p

Here is what I need to know ....

Has anyone who did the specil 6000 deal for $149 also managed to get the 811 deal for $149.

I have been a Dish customer for 6 years and am not in any "commitment situations" right now. I am also going to be calling in for a SuperDish soon as I am in Richmond, VA which requires SD for local reception.

LMK if you guys know anything.

Thanks

Greg

What is our restriction on dumping the 6000s we just got? The promo was sign up for a year of the HDPack and we were told nothing about the receiver must be active for xmonths. Anybody know?

How do you make sure there is no balance on the smartcard for the 6000? I got mine 2 weeks ago and took advantage of Ebay and the new 811 promo.

Neutron said:
How do you make sure there is no balance on the smartcard for the 6000? I got mine 2 weeks ago and took advantage of Ebay and the new 811 promo.

On your remote, press MENU, then press SYSTEM SET UP (6), then press PURCHASE INFO (5). This will tell you if anything has been purchased, past or pending.

I never ordered PPV with it. I was wondering about the monthly reaccuring charges for normal programming.

never ordered PPV with it. I was wondering about the monthly reaccuring charges for normal programming.

THen you are good to go . If you don't want the new people who buying it to watch free programing then tell dish to deactivate it before you disconnect it .

The CSR did try to tell me if I didn't add it as another receiver they would take the 6000 and I told him that they are not taking my 6000 with them.

Called, asked for the "$149 deal on the 811": CSR says that they had a past 6000 deal at that price, but no 811 deal.

Called back, asked for the "811 Upgrade deal". Getting it installed (bleh!) for $149.

I had to pay $199 for the 6000 deal (wasn't "exclusive" then) so I'm still under a commitment. Looks like they're giving the $149 deal to more folks this time around.

Thanks SatGuys for another great deal.

I highly recommend that everyone who got in on this deal thanks to SatGuys give a donation to keep this site going. I definitely am.

Neutron said:
The CSR did try to tell me if I didn't add it as another receiver they would take the 6000 and I told him that they are not taking my 6000 with them.

When I bought an 811 and set up the "installation appointment," the CSR told me that I could keep my 301, and that I won't be charged a monthly fee for it as an extra receiver unless I actually use it (plug in phone line).

Art

Sorry, Virginia, it looks like there really is no Santa ...

322 User Guide available at Dish website

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)