FLASH: Dish 811 now $199 for Existing Customers!

He said to have the installer call in and deactivate the 6000 and it shouldnt be a problem.

Why would Dish want it back? They dont sell them anymore.

I also talked to him about getting off of DHP and he said all I had to do was send back my 4922 and 508 and he would sell me a 510 for $99.

Thanks for the feedback Scott, however it seems like whether you keep the old reciever might be an issue??

I bought mine from DishDepot a little over a year ago, and this seems like a really good deal for them to not get anything back, or expand any existing commitment to stay a customer or anything else. At the same time I am not going to give them my old 6000, when I could easily sell it for the price of the 811 if not more.

You have to love the CSR's at Dish. I was just about to purchase a Motorola HDT100 over-the-air HD receiver when I stopped by the Satelliteguys to see what was happening. After reading about the deal, $149 for the 811, I decided to go that route and use the receiver for my local HD programming.

I just called to order the 811 at $149 and I was told I wasn't eligible. According to their records, I've been a customer for 3 years, 1 month, and 21 day’s, I subscribe to AT100, and already have credit card auto-pay.

The CSR said they have 2 offers at this time, one is a special which is the 811 for $199 and requires credit card auto-pay and a 1 year commitment to AT50 or higher, and the other is an exclusive which is $149 total, no commitment at all. I said I wanted the exclusive deal but was told I didn't qualify. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

The supervisor told me the exclusive deal was a random deal, like the lottery and my number didn't come up. I told them about how everyone on the Satelliteguys web site were all saying they are getting this deal. He said they must just be lucky. Man, I'll tell you I've just about had it with Dish and their CSR's. I told him I paid full price for my 501 when they first came out and I think I've been a good customer for 3 plus years. I said that maybe it's time for me to look at moving to D-TV, and he said he wished me well.

I'm going to send an email off to Mark Duffy to see what the he*l is going on.

I've heard before that the "exclusive" status was a random thing, but that just doesn't make much sense to me.

Someone in the Ceo@echostar email area talked to me on the phone and said that I achieved "exclusive" status since I had $50 in monthly programming. There may be a time you need to be with Dish too.

The CSR said they have 2 offers at this time, one is a special which is the 811 for $199 and requires credit card auto-pay and a 1 year commitment to AT50 or higher, and the other is an exclusive which is $149 total, no commitment at all. I said I wanted the exclusive deal but was told I didn't qualify. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

hemway,

I completely sympathize with you. I spoke to a rep at the executive office this morning and was told that I did not qualify for either deal because I did not subscribe to AT50. I've been a customer for 4 years and use credit card autopay. I subscribe to HBO and Starz and the fee that I pay is higher than the $24.99 for AT50. I thought $ are $ but they are adamant about the AT50 subscription. I think this is clearly discrimination but they wouldn't hear it.

Let me know how you make out contacting Mark Duffy.

Dish schedules new 811 install within 24 hrs

The new Dish 811 deal for existing "exclusive*" subs is just too good to pass up. I called Dish this morning and ordered the 811 ($149, no tax) and a 2nd dish for 61.5. The CSR (Cindy) took my call quickly and was very pleasant to deal with. After we discussed the order, she said the installer could come tomorrow morning between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. WOW!

Since I will continue to use one of my legacy 7200s, the Dish will furnish a NEW 500 DishPro dish, all necessary switches and DP/legacy adapters, at no additional cost. I will pay $100 for the 61.5 dish, including installation.

I currently have my legacy dish on a tripod (over 3 years w/no problems), but since I am adding a 2nd dish, they will install a new (permanent) pole for both dishes at no cost to me.

Here's the cost summary:

New 811 HD receiver - $149
New 2nd dish for 61.5 - $100
New DishPro500 dish- n/c
New switches/adapters - n/c
New pole - n/c
Installation - n/c
Total cost - $249
HD package - $9.99/month

I would have asked for the 2nd 61.5 dish for free under 'must-carry', as some of the Atlanta locals are still on 61.5, but since I now live some 300 miles away from Atlanta in my coastal "vacation home", I didn't want to have to explain why I am still getting locals from the Atlanta DMA when tomorrow's install is at my new, whoops, my "second home" address in a different city. In order to get the install where I actually "live", I actually gave the CSR my current addy as my "vacation-home" address.

It's worth it for me to pay an extra hundred bucks for the 2nd dish to retain my Atlanta locals -- so I can be reminded every day why I moved away from the "big city". Nothing like watching big city traffic and crime reports from my former home to bring a big smile to my ruggedly handsome face!

Life on the beach is good! Come on down... :beer:

Nick

(*3 1/2 yrs w/Dish, AEP, locals, CC autopay = "exclusive" deal)

Just for the record, subscribe to AT100, have two receivers, and already do credit card auto-pay. My monthy charge is $44.97. The Motorola HDT100 is starting to look real good. So is D*TV.

Just got off the phone with E* CSR. i asked about "that new 811 receiver" that just came out. after a few sconds she said as i could get it for $149 no committment or delivery fee as an exclusive offer to me. I also paid for 1 year of HD Pack up front...total bill $258.89 and they will be here tues morning.

FYI--i have been with E* since March 1999 and am on CC autopay & AT150

I have been with E* since Sept of 2002 and I got the exclusive deal for $149.

I called yesterday for that. I called tonight to ask about the DVI-D cable and if it was included and the CSR told me that if that's the only way to hook it up to my HDTV then DISH would provide it. I said that I had ordered it yesterday and that I didn't mention that because I figured that it would come with it. He put me on hold to call my installer but since they were closed already he said that I needed to call back tomorrow to make sure it will be included.

I have my DVD and Xbox on my components. Well, I had to take the Xbox off when I got my 6000, but as soon as the 811 is here I will make sure that the DVI is the only way for HDTV.

Need Help on buying 811 or wait for 921

:?: :!: I currently have a 508 and a 2700 hooked up to my Dish500. I am in the process of purchasing a HDTV Monitor. Should I go for this deal right now even though I do not have the TV yet or should I wait till I purchase it and or wait for the 921? The second part of this question is could I buy the 811 for viewing the HD channels but use the 508 to view and record my non HD channels without alot of hassle? I just do not want to miss the boat here and then wind up paying big money later after the deal is gone. Thanks

Ron2nd2nd

I was thinking the same thing as you (i already have an HDTV monitor, though), but this deal is way too good to pass up. I mean, no committments and and HD receiver for $149!?!? buy it and this will tide you over until the 921 comes out. you can then sell the 811 on ebay for more than $149...i guarantee it!

Hey folks remember you dont even need an HDTV to get an 811. :)

Get one now and be ready for that HDTV that Santa leaves under your tree.

(And if Santa does bring one to you, can you tell him to swing by my place.) :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hey folks remember you dont even need an HDTV to get an 811. :)
You don't but I wonder if it has anything to do with the "random exclusive customer" deal? The first question the CSR asked me was "do you have an HDTV" and I said I was getting one for Xmas. She offered me the $199 deal with CC autopay (already have) and a 1-year AT50. No chance of $149. Maybe I should call back tomorrow when my HDTV is delivered.

If the $149 deal is really random (and I sort of doubt it, but it's almost sounding like it is), it would really be a crazy way to do business.

x

I was able to talk to Mark and he apologized for the CSR. He said there was no 'lottery' drawing for the ‘exclusive’ offer. The upper management set some guidelines/requirements that even he doesn’t know what they are, and also said that even if he did, he couldn’t tell me. He made me the $199 deal which I said I had to think about. So basically, there is an account requirement that makes you eligible for the deal.

He also isn’t too fond of sites like this. He says it helps spread wild rumors.

hemway said:

Gee, and we're not fond of Dish/Charlie saying things like the 811 will be $299. Or that Superdish is going to be required for new HD programming?

Called Dish for 811 Deal

Here is what I found out when I called.
I currently have the 100 channel package and 2 receivers.
I was told if I was replacing one of my other receivers and sign up for the credit card auto pay and the 150 channel package and the hd package the 811 would cost me $199. I could not get the lower price. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Whos Mark?

Yeah like the one about the $199 811. :)

And IF there is a wild UNTRUE rumor everyone at Dish has my email address, and phone numbers to contact me so I can correct the information, as I want to post the most accurate information possible. If they choose not to have me make these corrections then I guess the blame is on them. :)

Well, so far:

- the 811 has been priced at $149, $199, $299 and $399,
- the Superdish/HD national rollout was a fiasco,
- the 105 footprint is somewhat less than CONUS (CONUS lite?)
- the long anticipated 921 HD PVR still hasn't made its debut.

That Mark or anyone at E* should dis sites like this is a joke. It is their legendary poor planning and implementation that is the fodder of satellite user forums, and a classic example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)