FLASH: Dish 811 now $199 for Existing Customers!

Can you order the 811 and have it shipped and do a self-install? I'm just going to replace my 6000, no dish work or wiring needed.

xgrep said:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Hey folks remember you dont even need an HDTV to get an 811. :)
The first question the CSR asked me was "do you have an HDTV" and I said I was getting one for Xmas. She offered me the $199 deal with CC autopay (already have) and a 1-year AT50. No chance of $149. Maybe I should call back tomorrow when my HDTV is delivered.

The CSR also asked me if I had an HD-ready TV. I said yes, and got the $149 deal. Maybe the HD-ready TV is a requirement for the $149 deal. They are requiring installation, so it would be easy for Dish to confirm that you do have an HD set.

LarryH said:
The CSR also asked me if I had an HD-ready TV. I said yes, and got the $149 deal. Maybe the HD-ready TV is a requirement for the $149 deal. They are requiring installation, so it would be easy for Dish to confirm that you do have an HD set.
Thanks, that's very good info.

I'm particularly curious about the installation requirement, because I bought my original equipment at Sears and self-installed. In such a case, I wonder who would do your 811 install? Maybe you have to pick someone?

On a related topic, it occurred to me that the "magic" formula for becoming exclusive may be a combination of how much you subscribe to and how long you've been a subscriber. Put another way: it may be as simple as how much total money you've paid to E*. I'm going to bet that the magic number is not far from $1000, which is around $50 for 2 years. Those of you who have gotten the $149 deal, you might be able to tell us whether your total contribution to E* has been $1K.

x

[He also isn’t too fond of sites like this. He says it helps spread wild rumors.]

Perhaps, if management at Dish Network were doing a better job the CSRs would be knowledgeable about the equipment/services they sell. Then there would be no confusion/rumors. The problem lies with Dish network management and not it's customers seeking information. Blaming this site is just avoiding responsibility. Rod[/quote]

xgrep said:
Those of you who have gotten the $149 deal, you might be able to tell us whether your total contribution to E* has been $1K.
I have spent well over $1K with Dish. I've been with Dish for much longer than 2 years (my first receiver was a 5000), had AT100 the whole time, locals, extra receiver, insurance, and bought 2 receivers (a 501 and 721) at full price. From time to time, I also add premium channels and order PPV movies. I performed the initial dish install myself and have paid for my own upgrades to DishPro, new switches, etc. Dish has received a lot of cash from me and this is only the 2nd time that they've had to subsidize any hardware for me.

I have been with dish at least 4 years...based on rough calculations, I have spent about $3600 (average $75/month for 48 months), and I did receive the exclusive offer no questions asked. I was offered the $149 price on the 6000 a month ago as well, but didn't go for it...should have!

No one asked me if I have a high def set, I doubt that is a requirement...they probably ask that just so people who don't know you actually need a hidef set don't get upset that when they get their 811's they still don't have hidef.

I've spent over $2800 with Dish programming. The only incentives I had were initial signup w/ one 3000 and now both the 6000 and 811 $149 deals.

i'm not currently subscribed to the HD Pack either, in fact, up until I heard just now that HBO-HD and Showtime HD were moving to 110, I wasn't planning on subscribing because I just didn't feel there was enough programming...its still really that much extra programming to justify the extra $10/month, especially since I can't record any of it yet...but I figure the $149 OTA receiver is more than worth it as I can receive about 11 HD channels OTA here in los angeles

Re: Called Dish for 811 Deal

Ron2nd2nd said:
Here is what I found out when I called.
I currently have the 100 channel package and 2 receivers.
I was told if I was replacing one of my other receivers and sign up for the credit card auto pay and the 150 channel package and the hd package the 811 would cost me $199. I could not get the lower price. Any suggestions? Thanks...

This is what I did:
I finally got "a" $149 deal, but it wasn't easy. When the second CSR said that I wasn't authorized to get the promo (I was authorized for $199 811 plus $100 for a second dish & installation), I asked to talk to her Super.

The Super said that I wasn't authorized the $149 promo, and that authorized people were selected randomly. I asked her if she could "select" me and I started haggling with her, offering to pay in advance, etc. She finally agreed to sell it to me for $149 installed if I agreed to a two year commitment.

normang said:
Maybe if your already using the HD-Pak is the key..
Somehow I don't think that would be the case (unless you're joking). A lot of people who want the 811 don't have any HD receiver, so the HD Pak would be a pretty boring subscription for them.

x

belsokar said:
i'm not currently subscribed to the HD Pack either, in fact, up until I heard just now that HBO-HD and Showtime HD were moving to 110, I wasn't planning on subscribing because I just didn't feel there was enough programming...its still really that much extra programming to justify the extra $10/month, especially since I can't record any of it yet...but I figure the $149 OTA receiver is more than worth it as I can receive about 11 HD channels OTA here in los angeles
Unless I'm mistaken, you don't need HD Pack to get HBO-HD and SHO-HD. You just need a HD receiver and a subscription that includes the movie channels.

x

lkstaack said:
She finally agreed to sell it to me for $149 installed if I agreed to a two year commitment.
A commitment to what? I offered locals + an int'l a la carte + HD Pak. That would cost more than AT50. They said no.

Thanks,

x

LarryH said:
I have spent well over $1K with Dish.
Thanks, that at least doesn't refute my hypothesis that you're "exclusive" if you spent over $1K. What I'd like to hear is if anyone who spent *less* than $1K got the $149 offer. That would shoot down my theory.

x

xgrep said:
A commitment to what? I offered locals + an int'l a la carte + HD Pak. That would cost more than AT50. They said no.

Thanks,

x
I currently subscribe to HBO, Starz and the Starz SuperPak. I offered to add the HD Pak. That also costs more than AT50. They said no. It was AT50 or no deal.

Frustrating!

Couldn't get $149 deal....

I've been an AT100 customer for 3+ years plus purchased the ESPN NCAA basketball package every year and they wouldn't extend to me the 'exclusive' offer. I also offered to sign up for the HD package and autopay with credit card and still no dice. I've written to the CEO (thanks for the email address). So, by not getting my $10/month for the HD package and now I won't subscribe to the ESPN NCAA basketball package, E* has lost about $200 annually by not offering to save me $50 one time. I believe with my subscription fees and the initial cost of my dish, I've spent approximately $1400. Not sure why they're willing to alienate so many good customers this way. Doesn't make good business sense to me. I talked to 3 different CSR and a CSR super and didn't get anywhere. They claim the 'exclusive' offer is by random selection. Seriously considering D*.

I have been at E* for over 3 years. Started at AT100/HBO/Starz/locals then went to AT150/HBO/Starz/locals then went to Americas Everything for awhile. Finally figured out I was wasting $35 a month on the Premiums and went back to just AT150/locals. I did add the HD pack when I got the 6000 for $149.00. I DID get the 811 for $149.00 but someone else will have to figure out why because I cannot say for sure. Now that HBO and SHO are goint to 110 I would like to get at least HBO but me bill is already 80 with tax. Maybe I need to drop the HD pack now that the newness has worn off and get HBO, if it is really true that you don't need the HD pack to get HBO-HD.

Mike,

I have the AT150 with HBO/Cinemax value pak, 2 addl receiver charges, PVR fee, locals, RSNs, and HD Pak and my bill is close to $90.

Did you check into the Value pak?

I get the exclusive offers and I just spend $800 a year with Dish Network and I think someone said they thought the magic number was $50 a month to be exclusive which maybe right but I think you have had to spent $50 a month for the last two years for you to get it or at least one year past your original subscription. You do not have to get the HD pack to get HBO HD or Showtime HD you just have HBO pack or the Showtime pack and a HD receiver. I have had the HD pack for one month now and I do like the HD but I think if Dish Network adds the Cinemax HD channel I will turn off the HD pack and sign up for the HBO/Cinemax value pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts