Flashes While Watching Programs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

seeno

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2009
marina
I have a 612VIP DVR, but I don't know if its the DVR or the broadcast channel that is causing my problem. While watching A&EHD tonight I got an occasional flash on screen every 5 minutes or so. It's like somebody taking a picture with a flash bulb. I was not live TV when this happened. This problem happened as well during American Idol and Fringe on FoxHD.
I paused the DVR during the A&E show and the problem appeared to go away, but I am curious if anyone else has experienced this problem, and suggestions as to what may be causing this would be helpful.

The only time I have ever seen flashes the way I think you are describing them was with a long HDMI cable run from the receiver to the TV. Are you using HDMI for the signal to the TV? if so it's possible that either the length exceeds the maximum and it's getting interference, or that you have a bad HDMI cable. It's also possible that it's just a receiver or TV issue as well. Could you provide more info on how the system is hooked up to the TV? Thanks

I do have an HDMI hooked up to my dvr, but it's not a long hookup, basically a standard HDMI cable.
It's a Sony 52 inch that I bought in early May. The DVR was hooked up a week later. I'm hoping it's just a DVR or channel issue. And tonight I did a reboot (turning off the dvr). The HDMI cable was bought the same day as the HDTV.

I do have an HDMI cable hooked up to back of the 52 inch TV (Sony) , but it's not the long cable they sell, but a standard size. I had the dvr hooked up a week after I bought the TV, in early May. I'm hoping it's a dvr and/or channel issue. I did a reboot (turning off for 10 seconds) tonight, so I hope that solves any more problems.

I do have an HDMI cable hooked up to my Sony52 inch, but it's not the longer one they sell, but a standard size. I could try a reboot. And I should note that while I stated it is a flash, it is definitely not a freeze of audio problem with the picture.

I do have an HDMI cable hooked up to my TV, but it's a standard size one not the longer one they sell. I could try a reboot if the problem continues. I'm hoping it's just a dvr/channel problem. I did some google research and some people seem to be calling the problem "white sparkles". That's close to my own flashbulb. Maybe it's a bad HDMI?

If you want to try an experiment try hooking up the 612 via component (not composite) cables. If you don't have an actual set of components lying around any RCA cable will work fine for a short run, just make sure you match up the jacks properly when doing it. under most circumstances component cable will deliver an equivalent quality signal as compared to HDMI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)