Flashpoint on ION

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
I really enjoyed watching Flashpoint as a summertime series on CBS. As you know, Flashpoint is producted/broadcast in Canada and were broadcast post-season here in the states on CBS. Unfortunately, CBS stopped broadcasting Flashpoint a while back...but the old shows (circa 2008/9) are still carried on ION/PAX. Anyway, ION is supposed to be broadcasting the 13-episode Season 5 lineup. I still have my old timers set, but I don't see anything new hitting the airwaves.

Is anyone still interested in this show? And does anyone have an idea when we're going to see some new (new to us) episodes here in the states? If they wait 'till the fall I doubt that I will have time or interested to watch.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/flashpoint-season-five-21721/

pretty sure my timer fired on this, the first week I had it set to all episodes, but then changed it and I know it recorded last night.

Maybe just the first week was messed up with the new episode thing.

I started watching it when it first started on CBS, but only got to see a couple episodes as I was really busy that summer and never made it back to the show, until about 6 months ago when I saw it on Netflix and watched all of them. Glad it is back.

Another thing that was nice is the fact all of the last season was on netflix now, because of that I have started watching a show I would not have seen. The thing that gets me is how some shows the last season does not hit netflix in time to catch up before the new season starts, so I do not watch the new season of a show cause I am missing a season. I have seen that with a couple shows. I know they want to sell the dvd's but they are missing out on another viewer for the current the season because I don't jump ahead.

Okay, I caught a show last night...the show hasn't changed, but I've always enjoyed watching them in the summer. It just seems odds viewing them now. Hmmm. Perhaps I"ll just need 'em on the DVR and watch 'em next May.

The shows appear to be running about a month behind their airing up in Canada. Unfortunately, I missed a few shows because I couldn't set a Season Pass, because of the original date, I couldn't set a timer for new shows and I certainly didn't want to queue up 20+ old shows in a week. Although I may watch them over the holidays, I'll wait until the summer to view them. Nice to have them in the queue.

Lawmen: Tuesday, 18 December 2012 (11:00 PM ET)

"While Dean and Clark go on a ride-along, a shootout breaks out at a drug den."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2497738/

This episode was originally aired on 15 November 2012 at home in Canada. As always, check your local ION station for your dates and times since they may differ...however, this show is often repeated during the week.

I've recorded the last six (6) episodes of the season, which I'll watch over the summer. I sure hope it's not the end of the series. Regardless, it looks like ION is rerunning Season 5 in my area: (your mileage may vary)

Tuesday, 1/29, 11:00 PM, Season 5, Episode 1 - Broken Peace
Tuesday, 2/5, 11:00 PM, Season 5, Episode 2 - No Kind of Life

As I mentioned, I'll queue them up and watch 'em over the summer since I don't have time for them now and it because a summertime habit while they were on CBS. Hmmm. I'll have to check, but I may only have the 2nd part recorded since the title did not make a Part 1/Part 2 distinction and I couldn't set a timer because these technically aren't new shows since they were broadcast in Canada more than a month earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)