Flex and EZ Pay savings gone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
My last bill included the savings of $5 but looking tonight at my account online under programming and shows Flex listed at $34.99. Anyone else seeing this? I'm wondering what's going on. Thanks

Also noticed Top 120+ only a $10 savings instead of $20 promo & Top 200 $10 off instead of $15.

My last bill included the savings of $5 but looking tonight at my account online under programming and shows Flex listed at $34.99. Anyone else seeing this? I'm wondering what's going on. Thanks

Because you are looking in the wrong place. The $5 autopay is not a programming "fee" so does not show under programming. Look at your account summary and you will see a bill that is $5 less than then what shows under programming.

The auto credit is always applied on your bill statement ,not under programming. I 've been getting some kind of DISH credits for years now and that is what I've seen.

Reactions: Tampa8
It ALWAYS showed under programming for me before last night.

If it's autopay we are talking about I don't see how it has never been there. If it was somehow there for you at least now you know where to look and see that you are getting it.

I would just like to suggest that Dish should include any recurring credits in the summary section under My Programming. This would make things a lot less confusing, especially now that Dish has cleaned up that section by removing the $0.00 lines for HD Free For Life and the first receiver fee. Now, the only way to see the credits on your online account is to try to make changes to your programming. Then, the credits show up under My Proposed Changes. (or something similar to that)

THIS x 100. It was stupid that they took this away. Now if I want to switch to say the Top 200 for $79.99 how does one know your getting the $15 off promo or not. No way to check until your next bill.

Reactions: pattykay
Just to experiment, I made a change today to my Flex and "finally" at the very last screen it shows what it use to show me right off the bat under programming, the - $5 EZ Pay Savings.

Also noticed during this experiment, that a prompt pops up stating the EZ Pay discount IS only available for Flex users and no longer for America's Top 120 and above.

HAS THIS ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE?

THIS x 100. It was stupid that they took this away. Now if I want to switch to say the Top 200 for $79.99 how does one know your getting the $15 off promo or not. No way to check until your next bill.

That's not true. Under my programming, at least for me it clearly shows the actual price of the package and your discounted price. So for Top 200 it shows $79 then next to is $69. If I make a change to Top 250 I see $89 with $79 next to it.
Maybe for Flex they did it differently but I looked backed at may screenshots over the last three months and never did the Autopay show under programming. But it is easy to see anytime you want under bill history. It also shows other credits (not discounts - two different things). Autopay is a credit and shows with my other credits like Refer a Friend credits.

Yours may very well be different but viewing "programming" fees/credits has most definitely and without question changed on my end. I respectfully disagree.

Just to experiment, I made a change today to my Flex and "finally" at the very last screen it shows what it use to show me right off the bat under programming, the - $5 EZ Pay Savings.

Also noticed during this experiment, that a prompt pops up stating the EZ Pay discount IS only available for Flex users and no longer for America's Top 120 and above.

Definitely not always the case as i have top 200 and i get the ez pay discount.

Here is what I get when I try to switch out of Flex Pack to the Smart Pack:

upload_2016-12-14_21-42-45.png

Same happens when I try to go to AT200.

Notice the line saying "Flex Pack is the only programming eligible to keep these credits."

Now maybe existing autopay credits are grandfathered for other packages, or maybe the credits are locked into the package you had when you started the credits.

Dennispap, try changing out of AT200 (but don't commit) and see if you get the message.

Reactions: Yragha
Auto pay is locked in for the Top packages. I am on 4 of 24. There is a post of someone who went from a two year Flex contract to a Top package and automatically got the $10 off and I believe kept Auto Pay. (poster was Link not sure where it is)

Auto pay is locked in for the Top packages. I am on 4 of 24. There is a post of someone who went from a two year Flex contract to a Top package and automatically got the $10 off and Auto Pay.
Did you try to change packages? I'm not on a two-year Flex contract, just get the autopay savings.

Did you try to change packages? I'm not on a two-year Flex contract, just get the autopay savings.

Yes and I get no message. And I keep the $10 off if change to Top 120+ or above from Top 200. I bet it is because you are not on a contract. It appears auto pay discount is considered part of the contract, there was no contract needed to get it for Flex. Betting if you were really changing you would get the Auto Pay along with the $10 off for two years if you asked for it.

Reactions: dare2be

It doesn't say "and no longer for the Top 120 above" I bet. (It never was for the Top 120) You are not on a contract I am guessing like Dare2be? If not that is why you are getting that message. In any case Auto Pay is still part of the contract for the included Top packages, I got an email not 2 hours ago thanking me for the info and they just got the $15 discount from DIRT.

That's not true. Under my programming, at least for me it clearly shows the actual price of the package and your discounted price. So for Top 200 it shows $79 then next to is $69. If I make a change to Top 250 I see $89 with $79 next to it.
Maybe for Flex they did it differently...
Just to weigh in on this: under My Programming, Flex Pack has always showed up as $34.99, even with the autopay discount, whether I was under contract or not. The autopay discount was never listed in that section for me.

Now maybe existing autopay credits are grandfathered for other packages, or maybe the credits are locked into the package you had when you started the credits.
Just to add to the confusion: when I cancelled autopay on my other Dish account with Welcome Pack, Dish sent me an email warning me that I would lose the autopay savings, in spite of the fact that I never had an autopay discount on that account. If Dish would offer the autopay discount with Welcome Pack, I would gladly sign back up for autopay. :)

For Tampa who seems to have this all figured out - I'm on a contract.

For the record - couldn't this be made just a tad bit "clearer"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts