Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
This is getting closer to ala carte. Kudos to Dish for going in the right direction.

I would love to see Smithsonian in these channel packs. It would make it easy for me.

Below are the proposed details for 8/4. There could be changes between now and then so treat this like a rumor.

Channel lineup for Flex Pack
upload_2016-7-22_22-24-10.png

This is important, not all packages can add channel packs.
upload_2016-7-22_22-27-15.png

Channel Packs
upload_2016-7-22_22-28-41.png

upload_2016-7-22_22-29-28.png

upload_2016-7-22_22-30-23.png

upload_2016-7-22_22-31-22.png

upload_2016-7-22_22-41-52.png

No Science channel available in any of these packs, so I'll stick with Smart Pack + Heartland. Good thing it'll be grandfathered.

The 5$ auto pay savings for the flex pack will need clarification. Have a feeling it's for new customers and not existing.

My acct lists it at $34.99 & I have autopay - guess they will deduct it when I finally get billed. Seems to be a good choice for me, saving $$ but pretty much watching what I did before. Dirt rep that signed me up for it didn't mention the $5 less for autopay.

No Science channel available in any of these packs, so I'll stick with Smart Pack + Heartland. Good thing it'll be grandfathered.
Yeah, that would be one channel I'd miss, but what I'm really curious about is where is NBCsports? I would think it should be in the National Action Pack. No NBCsports = no F1 = unhappy Foxbat...

Reactions: Bronxiniowa
Didn't some people report here that they were able to add some of the add-ons to their Welcome Pack? If so, I wonder what will happen with them?

Notice BBC World News is listed...

I guess that means its coming on the 4th.

Hopefully it'll be available to all subscribers, not just this package. And I hope they turn on France24 too.

My biggest complaint with these new packages is that they have all the MTV channels except MTV and MTV Live, and you can't get AXS, which carries as much music as it does sports, without a sports pack. This sort of channel gerrymandering needs to go away, not get worse!

(Oh, I almost forgot, how nice of them to throw in CCTV which is available for free... Yet they don't include NASA...)

I get NASA 286 and CCNEW 279 and F24EN channel 9864 with my FLEX pack. Have had the French channel since day one with the pack and even watched it when the French terrorist attack happened on Bastille day.

Reactions: STDog and Jim S.
The problem I see is with all these flex packages is no NBC Sports Network unless you go with top 200. Free preview ends today along with Tour de France. Much of the Olympics will be aired on this channel also so really not interested until Olympics is over.

Reactions: Bronxiniowa
For the type of sports fan whose local team is almost exclusively on their RSN and don't care about the national stuff on ESPN, the Flex Pack at $34.99 and the Regional action pack to get the local RSN's at $44.99 is really a great deal. Cheapest pack right now to get your RSN is AT120+ if I remember right at $69.99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)