Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

It makes me mad. Customer service said no 5 dollar credit for auto pay since yhe package is already a deal :(

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

It makes me mad. Customer service said no 5 dollar credit for auto pay since yhe package is already a deal :(

Since the Flex Pack deal isn't actually 'official' yet I'm not surprised they wouldn't give it. We'll see what happens after the 4th of August.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: pattykay
Hopefully dirt qnd the dish csrs can get this lined out. Just cause we signed up early shouldn't mean we can't get the 5 dollar autopay discount

But yes it does mean that. The deal starts August 4th. If we find out Starz is lowering their price August 4th and you add it now you most likely are not going to get the new price - till then. I have little doubt when it is in their system you can get the discount.

Yeah, that would be one channel I'd miss, but what I'm really curious about is where is NBCsports? I would think it should be in the National Action Pack. No NBCsports = no F1 = unhappy Foxbat...
They need to create a pack with NBCsports or sell it seperate

It is not "MyTV" nor is it "MeTV". It is FETV which broadcasts COZI-TV. LAFF (Channel 73) is another sub-channel Dish added a while back. That would be nice to include in locals as well.
It is MyTv - channel 044-00 in my guide.

Technically, this is 45-2 for my market. It varies based on what market you have.

849d24275bb4fa20e6d686266408c250.jpg

MyTV was not the network we were discussing. MyTV has been available in many markets for a very long time. The original question I was referring to was;;
The Locals Pack list makes it seem like everyone will get MeTV in the locals pack, but I'm sure that's not the case.

It is MyTv - channel 044-00 in my guide.

Technically, this is 45-2 for my market. It varies based on what market you have.

849d24275bb4fa20e6d686266408c250.jpg

Reactions: yomama
I could be wrong but am betting the $5.00 auto pay credit will be only for new customers. The current promo offers a $10.00 auto pay credit and is only for new customers.

Unfortunately promotions are geared for new customers, not existing.

We won't know for sure until Dish announces this publicly or DIRT chimes in and says 1 way or another.

Edit....
Here's why I think it's for new customers.

Flex Pack
upload_2016-7-23_21-53-20.png

Not to confuse the issue, but in many markets, MyTV is MeTV. The station has part time MeTV content even though it's labeled as MyTV.

Asking the same thing, we only need 2 boxes, living room, basement, our 2 kids never used them, took them out and they never noticed, they use their Roku, tablets, computers, the only time my son watches live anything is Michigan Football which he gets via the apps on the Roku.

All the other rooms in the house ( our bedroom and quest-room ) have Rokus, with all the TV Everywhere apps we just do not need a cable box in those areas.
I have my
Living room, H2
Bedroom H2
11 year old bedroom Joey
14 year old bedroom Joey
75 year old Mother 211z In her Living Room
Basic plus Cable in her Bedroom. (Comes with our Internet for $20 extra)
Yes our Tri-level home we made a full apartment on the lower level for her.

My other 211z for now stays in our Living room until I go camping.

As far as the kids rooms, I'm not doing streaming only when my Internet bill would be jacked up to over $125 per month just to handle the data usage.
We use an average of 400-500 per month now with just a few Netflix shows and Dish on demand.

It's $85 now and actually I could go back down to $67 if Dish didn't drop NFL network.
So for $14 a month with Full use of my dish service in those 2 rooms, it's pointless to use Rokus in those rooms.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

AT200 is still the only way to get the Science Channel and MSNBC together.

If News Pack could be added to Smart Pack then I would be so happy.

Reactions: zippyfrog
The Science Channel, MSNBC, and NBC Sports are all in America Silver Pack as well although package is no longer available.

I could be wrong but am betting the $5.00 auto pay credit will be only for new customers. The current promo offers a $10.00 auto pay credit and is only for new customers.

Unfortunately promotions are geared for new customers, not existing.

We won't know for sure until Dish announces this publicly or DIRT chimes in and says 1 way or another.

Edit....
Here's why I think it's for new customers.

Flex Pack
View attachment 118840
Ahh that's the first I saw the discount tied to the two year price guarantee, which indeed seems indicates it is for new customers and only if they opt for the two year program. If true the problem for current subscribers is obviously DISH feels a two year commitment is worth the $5. I wonder if they would give it and give the price guarantee if you said you would enter into a two year contract?

Ahh that's the first I saw the discount tied to the two year price guarantee, which indeed seems indicates it is for new customers and only if they opt for the two year program. If true the problem for current subscribers is obviously DISH feels a two year commitment is worth the $5. I wonder if they would give it and give the price guarantee if you said you would enter into a two year contract?
Doubtful. I have yet to see any current sub get the current two year price lock offer for new subs , even if they said that they were willing to stay locked in for two years.

Reactions: Tampa8
I agree, just wondering if they would treat this specific small discount differently. Since they seem willing to give a $5 discount in the case of a new subscriber I would think just purely as a business decision why not have a current non contract customer get signed for two years for a $120 discount? I get they can't do the full discounts to everyone every two years, this is different at least it would seem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts