Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

Nascar is costing me. I could save money but about half of the Sprint cup races are on Fox Sports1 or NBCSN. The only way I see to get both of those channels is top 200 and up. The action pack has Fox sports 1 but the only place I see NBCSN is is top 200 and up.

Nascar is costing me. I could save money but about half of the Sprint cup races are on Fox Sports1 or NBCSN. The only way I see to get both of those channels is top 200 and up. The action pack has Fox sports 1 but the only place I see NBCSN is is top 200 and up.

Even worse if you're on Dish Latino, none of the packages, not even Dish Latino Max, have NBCSN and it's my understanding that it's not in multi-sports.

Even worse if you're on Dish Latino, none of the packages, not even Dish Latino Max, have NBCSN and it's my understanding that it's not in multi-sports.
This is the exact reason we need a Pick-em pack, where you select 5 channels for $10.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
NBCSN sold as a la carte, can make a big difference, i also believe Dish can get alot more customer

I like to get different local channels. I have one Dish account at my actual address, one Dish account with "moved" locals, and Directv to get the west coast network affiliates from Los Angeles. I was thinking about switching one of my Dish accounts to Flex Pack without locals, since my local Fox affiliate was dropped anyway, due to the Tribune dispute.

Out of curiosity what plan do you use for the west coast DirecTV box? I've been wanting to do something like that myself but their base packages are too high to waste on 4 channels

Dish need to make AT 200 plus, and AT 250 plus, Why? if there AT120 or AT120 plus (the option for RSN) why not for the next two package?

It would be a nice choice for some. I'm guessing the RSN's would not allow it.

I read this post over at the other forum regarding BBC World Service

"Had a mtg w/ some Dish reps yesterday, the Flex pack and it's add on packs are supposed to be released officially to the public August 4th. That's when the new channels should be available as well for those that haven't shown up yet. I did notice something odd with BBC World news though, there's an asterisk next to it that says: BBC World News is available to AT250 subscribers using Dish Anywhere or as part of the News Pack subscription."

I don't know how true any of that is about BBC World just being in the news pack, but if so it is $hitty on Dish's part. Besides, the chart I saw did not have the "News Pack" checked as an addon that is available with AT250. Maybe this is their strategy to increase revenues now with their current subscriber base, if you want a new channel that is launched, "channel X" you have to get an add on package and pay more to get it. I was really looking forward to getting BBC World Service even if it was just in SD.

Reactions: TheKrell
I read this post over at the other forum regarding BBC World Service

"Had a mtg w/ some Dish reps yesterday, the Flex pack and it's add on packs are supposed to be released officially to the public August 4th. That's when the new channels should be available as well for those that haven't shown up yet. I did notice something odd with BBC World news though, there's an asterisk next to it that says: BBC World News is available to AT250 subscribers using Dish Anywhere or as part of the News Pack subscription."

I don't know how true any of that is about BBC World just being in the news pack, but if so it is $hitty on Dish's part. Besides, the chart I saw did not have the "News Pack" checked as an addon that is available with AT250. Maybe this is their strategy to increase revenues now with their current subscriber base, if you want a new channel that is launched, "channel X" you have to get an add on package and pay more to get it. I was really looking forward to getting BBC World Service even if it was just in SD.
Well I can tell you for certain it's not in Top 250 as of now.

But if they are going to have a News pack, They should put Euronews, and Newsmax in this pack as well.
Otherwise they can keep their news pack.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Best I can see, that is very similar to how other world news channels are carried. None of them are available in the regular packages, all must be added in a separate package to an international package. I notice there are ways to get some international channels now with the Flex package
Well I can tell you for certain it's not in Top 250 as of now.

But if they are going to have a News pack, They should put Euronews, and Newsmax in this pack as well.
Otherwise they can keep their news pack.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

EuroNews is very protective of how they are distributed live. There are a couple of ways using an app to do it but even their own app does not allow English in the U.S. live streaming. I know how hard it can be to get it because I too would really like easier access to it. DISH (I believe) has the rights to carry it in the U.S. and does if you have an international package and add it. Maybe that's the only way DISH can carry it?

I read that too about bbc world news. Was reluctant to post anything about it cause it didn't make sense.

Reactions: dare2be
Best I can see, that is very similar to how other world news channels are carried. None of them are available in the regular packages, all must be added in a separate package to an international package. I notice there are ways to get some international channels now with the Flex package

EuroNews is very protective of how they are distributed live. There are a couple of ways using an app to do it but even their own app does not allow English in the U.S. live streaming. I know how hard it can be to get it because I too would really like easier access to it. DISH (I believe) has the rights to carry it in the U.S. and does if you have an international package and add it. Maybe that's the only way DISH can carry it?
Euronews was on the 61.5 years back when I had dish, it was also A la carte .
So it was a little upsetting knowing I had to get the 118, which dish wanted still $149 to install, as well as they wanted $30 a month for the German Mega pack in order to even add it.

But I installed the plus dish myself for $60 but still had to buy Willow Cricket pack $15, with the News pack $5 in order to get it.
That sucks.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yes, I had Euronews A La Carte. That's why I think something changed with EuroNews and how they want to be distributed live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts