Flex Port 1 and 2 on SWM8 and Slimline8

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vixens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Belize, Central America
Has anyone actually tried these 2 Flexports ?

It says they are for 72.5W and 95W.
Could you also use the Flexport for 119W by using a separate round dish ?

Thanks !

No, they are useless for anything except 72.5 and 95W

I have lost track of exactly what is your current configuration but I remember posting that you would have problems combining the signals from multiple LNBs because the LNBs are not "pure", i.e. if you use a Multisat LNB pointed at 99, it will still receive 101/103 signals and if you combine those with signals from another multisat LNB pointed at say 101, the signals will be out of phase and will cancel each other out. This is I believe why your "combiners" are causing you to lose signal strength.
This is a well-known issue for people trying to combine the outputs from two off-air antennas.

I am asking about the "Flexport".

I could not find an exact description what these ports are for.
What frequencies do the Flexports take/require ?

The flexport is designed for 2 reasons
-if you have a HD setup (stock setup) and want International channels on 95W
-(no longer done) if you had locals on 72.5 which required a second dish. Those locals have been moved to 99 &/or 103

The flexports can use either KU or DBS. 95W runs on KU (11700-12200) and 72.5 ran on DBS (same as 101 & 119). Here at our setup at the apartment they use the flexport because we have a slimline 5 and a 95W dish (lots of Russian tenants here). Actually if I remember right the software now only allows KU (95) for the flexport

The issue is the receiver is the item that deciphers what frequency to decode where. 119 REQUIRES a 22k tone whereas the flexport does not. The flexport will ONLY work for 95W setup (which is KU Band)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)