Flint - Saginaw - Bay City DMA, WBSF 46.3 "Grit" channel?

Checked channel 25, 66 and 46 this morning and they are all broadcasting in Dolby Digital!!!!! And it seems Channel 66 fixed some (maybe all) of their HD issues!! Looks and sounds good so far!!!

This is very good news. The lack of 5.1 audio has been bothering me for years now.

Reactions: cummingsje
The other thing I noticed today is that both NBC 25 and CW 46 are broadcasting in 1080i now, at least on my local Charter cable system. This is standard for NBC and CW but until this fix my TiVo reported both channels as 720p on both cable and OTA. Normally 720p would be fine but their conversion process was terrible. There was a subtle flicker that made static images like the scoreboard in Notre Dame and Sunday Night Football look like they were bouncing.

This long overdue fix provided a nice image quality boost and the 5.1 audio will be appreciated for football on NBC and all the DC comics shows on CW.

The other thing I noticed today is that both NBC 25 and CW 46 are broadcasting in 1080i now, at least on my local Charter cable system. This is standard for NBC and CW but until this fix my TiVo reported both channels as 720p on both cable and OTA. Normally 720p would be fine but their conversion process was terrible. There was a subtle flicker that made static images like the scoreboard in Notre Dame and Sunday Night Football look like they were bouncing.

This long overdue fix provided a nice image quality boost and the 5.1 audio will be appreciated for football on NBC and all the DC comics shows on CW.

Charter does not get the station over the air anymore. It is strictly fiber. That is why your seeing 1080

Charter does not get the station over the air anymore. It is strictly fiber. That is why your seeing 1080

I'm pretty sure the channels were still 720p on Charter as of a week or two ago. When I push info on my TiVo Roamio it shows the channel's resolution. Up until 5.1 audio was added I had never seen NBC 25 or CW 46 show as 1080i.

You may be right in that Charter has these channels in 1080i as they should be because of increased bandwidth on fiber while OTA is still 720p but I'm pretty sure no one had them in 1080i until the fix to add 5.1 audio was completed.

Edit: I just double checked this. My recording of Supergirl on CW from last Monday is 720p with 2.0 sound. Now that same CW station is 1080i with 5.1 sound. Both tests were done on a TiVo with Charter cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)