Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Victor Ortiz

Hey...if you see of my post, I have not stated that Mayweather cheated, I have not stated the ref "took the fight away" from Ortiz and I CLEARLY stated that "you gotta protect yourself at all times". Ortiz knows better, but at the same token Mayweather is a scumbag. I understand he want to play the "villian" role in boxing. But IF you are gonna play that role, be a "villian" with balls.

Ric Flair would not have minded the fans booing for something like that. In fact I think he did do something like that to Dusty Rhodes a time or two.

Ric Flair would not have minded the fans booing for something like that. In fact I think he did do something like that to Dusty Rhodes a time or two.

WOOOOOOOO!!!! LOL!

But, Rick Flair one of the greatest lines ever when it came to sports competition..."to be THE MAN, you have to BEAT THE MAN!

Mayweather REFUSES to 'face the man'.... LOL!

Gif of sucker punch........

8_medium.gif

What this gif doesn't show is the ref moving Ortiz back to his corner, then putting his hands together like they do when they start/resume a fight.

So after watching the replay last night, I've concluded that everybody seemed to be at fault for what had happened. 1st, it was Ortiz's fault that he stupidly did that headbutt on Mayweather's mouth which caused the ref to call timeout. And 2nd, it was the ref's for not making clear when he called time in and that the fight was still on. That, of course, led Mayweather to knock out Ortiz in an unsportsmanlike way.I liked how during the whole replay, HBO mixed their boxing coverage with their 24/7 show so we got to see what happened before, during, and after the fight. After the fight Ortiz didn't seem upset at all, but I still think at the end of the day, Mayweather just stole the fight.

ckhalil18 said:
So after watching the replay last night, I've concluded that everybody seemed to be at fault for what had happened. 1st, it was Ortiz's fault that he stupidly did that headbutt on Mayweather's mouth which caused the ref to call timeout. And 2nd, it was the ref's for not making clear when he called time in and that the fight was still on. That, of course, led Mayweather to knock out Ortiz in an unsportsmanlike way.I liked how during the whole replay, HBO mixed their boxing coverage with their 24/7 show so we got to see what happened before, during, and after the fight. After the fight Ortiz didn't seem upset at all, but I still think at the end of the day, Mayweather just stole the fight.

Could not have said it better myself. I will add one more thing, maybe its me, but you didn't feel like taking a shower after the fight.... I did.

And one more thing, I like Victor Ortiz, he portrays himself as a good, respectable young man that appreciates how lucky he is making a good living.

But with that said, this fight STILL stinks!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)