Focus point of 90cm dish?

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
I've had the Azure Shine Geosat dish in service for 3 months. Initially lined up just fine with Q65 on 97° and 101° . But now over time I was down to Q45-49. After re-peaking the dish with no improvement I tried moving the lnb's in toward the dish about 3/4" and it improved to Q59 and is watchable again. Wonder what is going on here and will it get worse?

Jim

Last edited:
Ice,

I'm finding what you say is true to the real world. The instructions that came with my Glorystar package clearly say to push the lnb's against the front stop collar with illustrations showing this. Worked ok first month or so??

Jim

TantalusFld said:
The instructions that came with my Glorystar package clearly say to push the lnb's against the front stop collar with illustrations showing this.

The Glorystar installation guide for the DSR100c / DSR200c and DVR1100c receivers provide instruction for the initial LNBF setting: placing the face of the LNBF 3/4" forward of the dual bracket toward the reflector.

The final fine tuning step of the install process suggests individually sliding the LNBFs towards or away from the reflector and/or individually slightly skewing the LNBFs to peak the Signal Quality readings. The optimized LNBF placement will be dependent on the installation location longitude and latitude.

We hope that this clarifies the correct placement of the LNBFs in the dual LNBF bracket.

Funny thing. I just re-checked my manual and found someone snuck into my house and switched it with a copy that says 3/4". Imagine that!

Thanks guys.

Jim

Funny thing. I just re-checked my manual and found someone snuck into my house and switched it with a copy that says 3/4". Imagine that!

someone did that to me too! FTA GNOMES!

i think i read a post somewhere that told me to push it up against the collar as well and i just skipped over that part of the manual. when i tried peaking my dish i found that the opposite was true and i, in fact got the best quality reading when i slid it back 3/4".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)