Folders in L616?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steinej

Original poster
Mar 31, 2006
I've been waiting patiently for folders in my EHD and was happy to see L616 because I heard that folder support was included. Further I heard that everyone is using them.

So this week, after getting home from vacation, I specifically looked in the EHD for folder setups and I don't see them. Is there someplace I have to go to enable folders before they are allowed to be created in the EHD?

If there's another thread that discusses folder setups, please point me at it. I didn't see anything when I looked.

Thanks.

John

I've been waiting patiently for folders in my EHD and was happy to see L616 because I heard that folder support was included. Further I heard that everyone is using them.

So this week, after getting home from vacation, I specifically looked in the EHD for folder setups and I don't see them. Is there someplace I have to go to enable folders before they are allowed to be created in the EHD?

If there's another thread that discusses folder setups, please point me at it. I didn't see anything when I looked.

Thanks.

John

I couldn't find them either, so I figured they must be coming "soon" along with all the other good stuff. :hungry:

It's automatic. You don't get to name folders or move things around. I'd love to split my "digitals" folder into ER, DH & Other. No can do.

Can't you rename recordings? It would "make sense" (in other words I have not tried this) that if you named recordings "ER Season 1", for example, that would "group" (and hence place in their own folders) all programs with that title.

It currently is not possible though to create your own folder hierarchy.

Renaming is limited to an initial capital and the rest in lower case and will not match differing case of any other program. There is a limit of 17 characters, similar to the search box's 14(?). You could use it to prevent grouping into a folder. Additions to the EHD and DVR will automatically are added to the same name, I believe.
I wish I could independently specify sorts for the EHD and the DVR--I would use date in the DVR and name order on the EHD, so I could find them easier.
-Ken

One of the nice features of folders on EHD's like I use with my 622 is that when you select the folder it expands the contents of the folder in the same screen. No seperate screen like the DVR's folders. Select the folder again and the contents collapse. Nice. Wish the DVR's folders were like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts