Folders Limit? Is There or Isn't There?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

xfoneguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Duvall, WA
Maybe I'm mistaken about being able to create more than 5 folders? I was sure that was a new "feature" of Carbon and/or the H3. If so, why can I create more, only to have them wiped out at next restart?
This has happened several times - every time I create more than 5 folders, any reboot of the H3 wipes out all but 5 and moves the affected recordings back to a "no folder" view. Anyone else run into this? I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with my setup/Hopper/software. Are others able to have more than 5 folders and most importantly - do the folders survive a reboot?

Last edited:
To my knowledge, 5 has always been the limit for folders we can create. So agree, there is a problem if they only allow 5 but let users create more. I've never had a need to make more so have not tried this yet.

To my knowledge, 5 has always been the limit for folders we can create. So agree, there is a problem if they only allow 5 but let users create more. I've never had a need to make more so have not tried this yet.
that was an advertised "feature" of the new Hopper - unless I totally misunderstood.

Maybe I'm losing it - I was sure I read somewhere that we could create more than the original 5 folders allowed with the old Hopper and UI - is that NOT true?? If so, why can I CREATE more than 5, only to have them obliterated at the next reboot?

I reported this as well. I can create as many folders as I want, but after a restart, only 6 (yes 6, not 5 for me) are retained. I'm assuming this is a bug. Why let us create folders only to have them deleted?

I reported this as well. I can create as many folders as I want, but after a restart, only 6 (yes 6, not 5 for me) are retained. I'm assuming this is a bug. Why let us create folders only to have them deleted?
Thank you for the reply - I thought I imagined this whole thing! Even stranger that you can have 6 and only 5 for me. YIKES!

I have found that when folders are empty, some will be hidden on the DVR screen but are still listed in the Manage Folders screen. If a timer sends something, or you move something to the folder, it will show up again on the DVR screen.

I have found that when folders are empty, some will be hidden on the DVR screen but are still listed in the Manage Folders screen. If a timer sends something, or you move something to the folder, it will show up again on the DVR screen.
These have been folders with programs in them - they are dumped back to the "no folder" view after a reset and the related folders are gone. They are no longer available in Manage Folders.

I haven't seen this issue. Mine seem to work fine.
I currently have 7 folders only 5 are displayed, but the other 2 are in the manage folders list. I have had my H3 since 1/31 and have not had to reset it for any reason.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I currently have 7 folders only 5 are displayed, but the other 2 are in the manage folders list. I have had my H3 since 1/31 and have not had to reset it for any reason.

Do you know for sure whether it has it done the "nightly restart"?

No, I don't know for sure, but I assume it has. I don't have it disabled

I'm not convinced that mine is doing the update - the reason being is that I've made sure everything is shut down by 1AM. Then I leave the TV attached to the Hopper turned on. I'm working on my computer nearby until about 3AM (sometimes later) So far, I have NEVER seen it do any sort of "auto-restart". The only reboots have been the 1 or 2 times that it locked up and I was forced to push the button. Maybe I didn't see it, but if it's happening, it must be really well hidden.

I've got the same issue, but in my case I have 6 that survive the reboot. I've added the extra folders many times. One reboot was when I attached an OTA tuner.
Another was when I got the black box in the middle of the screen. Another was when I rebooted on purpose to test the folders.
Every reboot I end up with 6 folders. And I did have recordings in each folder.
The surviving folders are always the first 6 alphabetically.

I've got the same issue, but in my case I have 6 that survive the reboot. I've added the extra folders many times. One reboot was when I attached an OTA tuner.
Another was when I got the black box in the middle of the screen. Another was when I rebooted on purpose to test the folders.
Every reboot I end up with 6 folders. And I did have recordings in each folder.
The surviving folders are always the first 6 alphabetically.
Glad to hear I'm not alone (or imagining things)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)