Folders on DVR

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I created a folder for everyone in my household. The folders are empty but still have number like there are programs in the folders. Is this a known bug? I also want to delete a folder but it won't let me.

I created a folder for everyone in my household. The folders are empty but still have number like there are programs in the folders. Is this a known bug? I also want to delete a folder but it won't let me.

I've become so oblivious to it (read: just deal with the Dish shortcoming) that I believe this is a known bug. And I have both a Sling and regular Hopper that I forget if one acts one acts a little different than the other (based upon the software versions not being the most recent in both). My regular Hopper still has this problem but I think the latest updates that started coming out last Thursday do address this. The Sling Hopper shows the correct count on the icon and does not include the ones deleted.

I too like the My Folders option but unfortunately Dish does not want to enhance this part of the interface. My guess is it would take maybe 1-2 days for a good tech to find the problem, make My Folders consistent in all screens and finalize the code. You can only create 5 My Folders and cannot delete folders once created (what if your customer made a mistake in the name, Dish?). I also have the infamous phantom folder problem where the second folder item always is blank and the first item shows the name of the second folder (but saves in the actual first folder). The weird thing is that this only happens for the saved recordings if I want to move them. If I create a timer and chose to add it to one of My Folders then the list appears normally. Others reported this as well.

From a prior post. First shows the list when creating a timer, the second when editing a recording:
Folder Problem 1.jpg Folder Problem 2.jpg

Join me and the other paying customers patiently sitting on the side of the road waiting for improvements as Dish just drives on by. Our next step is to throw a set of road spikes across the road as they drive back. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)