Folks are dropping D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The DirecTV offers can always be found HERE and their current HD offers HERE. As the NFL pre-season gets closer those deals usually get MUCH better. I would say a person that currently has DirecTV HD would be better off than someone trying to buy in after the conversion.

We have the top rated Sanyo PLV-Z3 HD projector, and a Da-Lite 106" Model B Deluxe screen, and LOVE IT! You can research and read reviews at www.projectorcentral.com

Thanks for the links! I see they have an email sign-up for specials, I think I'll subscribe to that for a few weeks to get a feel for what's out there.
B

Won't you miss out on the swap out if you drop DirecTV now?

In may case, DirecTV is my only choice for HD. My locals are so far behind getting out an HD signal it is pathetic. TWC here is also pathetic.

EEJay said:
I'll never go back to cable, but if there was some type of fiber network for video like SBC, I'd sign up today. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the Verizon market.

You're the lucky one. SBC is going to run fiber only to a neighborhood node and then use the existing copper wiring to the homes, none of which has been actually done yet. Verizon IS running fiber to homes NOW in parts of their network.

rad said:
You're the lucky one. SBC is going to run fiber only to a neighborhood node and then use the existing copper wiring to the homes, none of which has been actually done yet. Verizon IS running fiber to homes NOW in parts of their network.

Qwest also has this.

D* has nearly14 million current customers. There is about a 4% turnover ratiio and new customer add on per month. The fact a few people you know are leaving D* certainly isn't earth shattering news. Nor is it any indication of anything you might want to believe is a trend. It is in fact the normal course of events. D*'s customer based track record shows approximately 5 new customers to 4 lost customers.

Mtnmanco said:
D* has nearly14 million current customers. There is about a 4% turnover ratiio and new customer add on per month. The fact a few people you know are leaving D* certainly isn't earth shattering news. Nor is it any indication of anything you might want to believe is a trend. It is in fact the normal course of events. D*'s customer based track record shows approximately 5 new customers to 4 lost customers.

Maybe not earth shattering but folks are getting tired of waiting. One person in fack i had a long talk with & he doesn't follow the "rumors" of D*'s updates & costs if any.
I'm going to hang on & see what happenes to the lucky folks in that 1st group of 12 markets (have a friend in Houston & Dallas with HD & the one in Dallas has the HD-DVR along with 3 other HD STB's).

Barney

I really wish that D* would sell HDTV boxes that also could decode unencrypted QAM from the cable companies. That way, those of us in areas that won't be getting local channels soon will be able to pay $10 or so a month to get our locals in HD...making me a happier D* customer...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts