Follow up ?'s on Voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Harry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Las Cruces, NM
Thanks for the comments. The one glaring rip was on sports. Looking at the channel line up, I see Fox Sports Net and Sunsports with the cavet "1 Regional programming not available in all areas".

With ESPN(HD), and ESPN2, this appears to be as good as E*. College sports is my preference. Does Voom regionalize Fox Sports Net like E* Does? (ie, Fox Sports Net Arizona for the southwest, etc)

Also, with the $1 deal and 6 month commitment, do you own the equipment or lease it? (Can't seem to find that out on the web site)

Thanks for your help.

Voom is sounding like the one I want to switch to. :eek:

VOOM only carries Fox Sports Net Florida and is currently working to carry all fox sports net stations.

The $1 deal is a lease deal. You'll you'll pay programming cost+$5 per box.

danielle_s said:
VOOM only carries Fox Sports Net Florida and is currently working to carry all fox sports net stations.

That being said, don't buy Voom expecting to get the Regional Sports Networks. By the end of the 6 month comitment, they still might not have it!

-John

jgantert said:
That being said, don't buy Voom expecting to get the Regional Sports Networks. By the end of the 6 month comitment, they still might not have it!

-John

I emailed VOOM about Fox Sports West and here is the response
Response (Michelle) - 04/05/2005 04:18 PM
Thank you for choosing VOOM. I understand that regional sports programming is very important to you and I apologize for any misinformation you were given about when we plan to add regional sports channels for the Los Angeles area to our service. At this time, we have not announced any immediate plans to add FSN West to our channel lineup. While I cannot disclose information about any pending or potential programming offers, I can tell you that customer feedback has led to the addition of new programs and channels in the past. I have forwarded your requests for FSN West to our programming team. We will keep your comments on file so we can use them when making future decisions about the VOOM channel lineup.

Totally SUCKS!

freezetime said:
At this time, we have not announced any immediate plans to add FSN West to our channel lineup.

Totally SUCKS!

PFFFTTT :river BOO-HOOOOO

Some of us have been with Voom for quite a while waiting for the RSNs.

If you dont like it, dont join. As for me, I can give up half of the O's games in exchange for all of the HD channels.

-John

jgantert said:
PFFFTTT :river BOO-HOOOOO

Some of us have been with Voom for quite a while waiting for the RSNs.

If you dont like it, dont join. As for me, I can give up half of the O's games in exchange for all of the HD channels.

-John

Well I guess I'm a bigger baseball fan than you, you don't have to be a PRICK about it. Plus, I'm actually missing a baseball team, The Angels, that actually have a shot at winning the World Series. I wouldn't be that mad to miss the O's play either. They will be lucky to finish 81-81. If you actually had a GOOD team to watch, I'm sure you would care. FYI, 102 Angel games will be broadcast on FSW this season that you can't see anywhere else so it's more than half. OWNED!

Three games into the new season I am going to make the bold prediction that there are about 30 teams in MLB that, as you say, "actually have a shot at winning the World Series". ;)

But he's right about the O's... no chance without pitching!

But we do get a bunch of O's games via OTA, so I guess I'm in a unique market where the RSN doesn't have a monopoly on the games.

-John

atp1313 said:
Three games into the new season I am going to make the bold prediction that there are about 30 teams in MLB that, as you say, "actually have a shot at winning the World Series". ;)

You can't be serious. There are many teams that have NO CHANCE. Look at the Brewers, Royals, Rockies, Nationals, Tampa Bay DOUBLE A's, the list can go on. You are being naive if you think all 30 teams have a shot. The top teams are the The Red Sox, Yankees, Angels, Braves, Cardinals, Twins, Marlins. There might be some sleeper teams out there but those are the "big boys." I will get 50 games on my local station antenna and a few on ESPN and the Fox network. Not seeing 102 is too hard for me to swallow. Well 100 now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)