Follow up to VIP722 to Hopper upgrade. EHD issue.

echangmob

Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
United States
The technician just left.

The install went pretty smoothly although I thought it was going to be a lot easier. I can see why Dish doesn't all self-installs. I was scheduled to receive a Hopper and Joey but, based on the advice here, I opted for the Hopper w/Sling. It was a $50 fee. I know that is more than the external Sling adapter can be bought used, but I figured it would be worth it.

My first impression is favorable. It's taking a long time for the DVR to set itself up and download the guide. I was a bit confused why I couldn't record anything initially but it now seems to working. I've already accessed the Hopper on my PC and tablet. It's great that one can watch Live TV as well as programs.

I may be having an issue with my EHD. I moved most of my content off of my VIP722 last night but when I plug it into the Hopper I get:

"Warning 866
The attached usb storage device is currently configured for use with another dish network account. USB storage devices may only be used with one account at a time. To use this device with this receiver all existing archived events will be deleted."

I obviously don't want to reformat, so I contacted Dish support and he re-added my 722 and asked me to reboot. No luck. He suggested I try again in 24 hours and re-contact support. Any suggestions or anecdotes here?

Anyway a great install. I tipped him and already gave him all "0" on the phone survey. Thanks for all the previous great advice and input.

Support was not wrong, BUT, you should not tax the system for at least 48 hrs...sounds silly, but it takes a while for the Hopper to settle in.

Call the cSr and ask that they do two things. Activate the 722 and also send a hit. That message is because it thinks the 722 was on a different account, since it was deactivated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts