Food for thought....FCC agreed with DISH

As I read it, Sinclair did not admit liability. They and the FCC came to an agreement to end the matter and feed the government pig. Still, parting with almost $9.5 million and putting 90 station licences at risk for any period is never a good thing.

Tribune might want to rethink what I assume they are doing. Which is holding the 43 local stations hostage in order to get more per subscriber from WGN America, and likely they are wanting wider distribution of the channel (I.E in all packages).
Doesn't seem like a "good faith" negotiation to me.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
If they're serious they should have been after Comcast ever since they bought NBC. They were supposed to end the terrestrial loophole which enabled them to keep CSN Philly off of Dish and Direct. Every local cable company carries it in their basic (not lifeline) packages so it can't be that expensive. This looks like a "look what I've done" power move to me. Put the power of the Federal Government on a small time player while the big boys continue to operate with impunity.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Put the power of the Federal Government on a small time player while the big boys continue to operate with impunity.
I couldn't agree more about Comcast. But Sinclair is by no means a small player, they are the largest owner of television stations in the country. Seems like they have around 170 or so. Not as powerful as Comcast, but still a big player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)