Food HD now Mirrors SD

I tried searching thier website for a way to contact them and complain, but it appears that they don't want to be contacted at all, about anything. Does anyone know how to contact them?

I, too, would like to contact them. We watch a lot of this channel and now it seems to suck 100%, even stuff I have previously seen in the non-stretcged format.

I just found this; not sure who gets it: feedback@foodnetwork.com

Last edited:
Here is the comment I just sent to Food Network.

PLEASE stop the Stretch-O-Vision of SD content on your HD channel.

It is not at all appetizing to see everything squished and fat on your channel. I find myself thinking, if I eat the food you're featuring will I be fat and squished like that?

The correct aspect ratio for 4x3 content is 4x3, not stretched 16x9. Pillarboxed is OK when it's 4x3 content. People who want to stretch it can use the stretch function on their TVs. When you stretch the signal at the source, there's nothing I can do to make it watchable.

I am "this" close to doing a full feature of your channel on my website s t r e t c h-O-v i s i o n > Home where I highlight those who are worst offenders at making TV unwatchable but wanted to give you the chance to correct the issue first.

Here's the "ask a question" link for HGTV: About Us : Send Us Your Questions updated 3/26/08 : Home & Garden Television

and the comment I just sent to HGTV:
PLEASE stop the Stretch-O-Vision of SD content on your HD channel.

It is not at all enjoyable to see everything squished and fat on your channel. I find myself thinking, this might be a nice home they're showing if everything wasn't so squished and blurry at the edges.

The correct aspect ratio for 4x3 content is 4x3, not stretched 16x9. Pillarboxed is OK when it's 4x3 content. People who want to stretch it can use the stretch function on their TVs. When you stretch the signal at the source, there's nothing I can do to make it watchable.

I am "this" close to doing a full feature of your channel on my website s t r e t c h-O-v i s i o n > Home where I highlight those who are worst offenders at making TV unwatchable but wanted to give you the chance to correct the issue first.

Last edited:
That's awesome. My email wasn't nearly as detailed. Don't know if it'll do any good, but hammer at 'em! I can almost understand a station that NEVER had good HD, but their stuff used to be really nice! MAkes NO sense at all!

FoodHD used to be one of my favorite channels. No more. I could record show on this channel and always new what I was getting when I turned them on...

I hate to admit it (especially considering the participants of this thread!), but we normally don't mind stretching SD content in our house. My daughter (who is 3) watches 90% of the SD content, my wife watches 9% and I watch about 1%! My daughter obviously doesn't care, my wife really doesn't either and I can deal with it when my TV or my E* box does it. It's not that bad. But this coke bottle upconverting done by some cable outfits suck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)