Food Network HD just showed up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

imthedevil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Channel 231-1, Just got done watching my recorded stuff from tonight and noticed it in the guide, didn't see any mention of it thought I would make it my first post.

Bill

Hmm foodhd

haha i actually thought maybe i missed adding it after the first wave of HD channels but then stumbled across it, added it now and then came here to post :p beaten to the punch! good job

Thanks, sometimes it pays to not sleep normal hours :) I'm sure when my wife wakes up she will be happy to see Food in HD as I will watch ANYTHING as long as its HD, lol.

It's on mine still at 12:06 but it's not on my guide i have to put 231-1 in by the keypad

Sure enough, I walk back out into the living room and boom the box is on 201. Well it was good while it lasted, lol.

It's still on here, but doesn't show in the guide. I'm not changing the channel either. Gihotta is on in 45.

For the record, I have an HR20-100S. It's not in the guide and I'm not able to go there by entering the suggested channel number (I get "channel not available"). I'm so jealous of the folks who are watching it in HD, though. :) Can't wait to see it - it's why I got DirecTV last week!!!

If you had it on on the right time, you picked it up. I went to update my favorites. 231-1 showed up for a minute. Then it disappeared. I changed channels and then hit previous channel and got it back. But when I changed channels and typed in "231-1", it says "Channel not available". I'll bet it's on live in a few hours.

I'm still getting it, infomercials, but I haven't tuned away yet. It doesn't show up in the guide.

It's gone, looks like a very short term test they did.

Interesting is the 231-1 solution.

Food network shows different programming on their HD channel than the SD one when the SD program is not made in HD, I think. Perhaps an E* sub can confirm this.

I thought they would move something to give it 232 or 230 but instead they did the subchannel like you would see on OTA.

Or at least that is what they tested. If there were problems with that method it could be why it didn't launch today with the rest.

that is correct. the food network hd programming is different from the sd. just go to their website and you can see for yourself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts