FOOTBALL tailgating

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoov121

Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
Kansas
Hello,

Basically, I'm wanting to know if I can attach another HD reciever onto my existing directv account and then go out and buy a directv satellite that I can take mobile from a cheaper vendor. I am already subscribed to directv and don't want to pay for another package just for my tailgating.

I called directv and asked them this and they told me something to the effect of I had to purchase $450 dollar directv mobile package then $50 installation and then 4.95/month. The lady was pretty confusing, plus you never really know what your getting into when you make a deal with direct over the phone.

So...

1. Can I do this (seems to me if i currently own the service i shouldn't have to pay such a ridiculous amount)?
2. Which satellite do I get for HD, the same one I already have?
3. If I can't do this do I have any other cheaper options? What is everyone else do that has satellite while tailgating?

Thanks

Hoov: I have seen several Tailgating threads on this forum. Reading those might answer several of your questions.

Hello,

Basically, I'm wanting to know if I can attach another HD reciever onto my existing directv account and then go out and buy a directv satellite that I can take mobile from a cheaper vendor. I am already subscribed to directv and don't want to pay for another package just for my tailgating.

I called directv and asked them this and they told me something to the effect of I had to purchase $450 dollar directv mobile package then $50 installation and then 4.95/month. The lady was pretty confusing, plus you never really know what your getting into when you make a deal with direct over the phone.

So...

1. Can I do this (seems to me if i currently own the service i shouldn't have to pay such a ridiculous amount)?
2. Which satellite do I get for HD, the same one I already have?
3. If I can't do this do I have any other cheaper options? What is everyone else do that has satellite while tailgating?

Thanks

Dude screw what DTV told you buy a slimline dish and a tripod and take the receiver wherever. What they told you is absurd

For HD, you'll need a Slimline dish, arm, base, and LNB. I got the pieces from a local installer cheap. You want the four-feed LNB. If you get the new single-feed LNB you'll need to buy and power a power inserter too.

I recommend the Heavy Duty Tripod kit from www.tv4rv.com .

I just jumped through all these hoops and found this route the most user-friendly yet economical way to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts