For all of us in or approaching our senior years

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
So I could not get the 3890 mux on 97W. Today was quite warm for some reason so I decided to try to peak my 12 foot Unimesh. Swung the dish over to AMC 8 and got the ladder out. Decided to remove the cap on my ortho feed to check for bugs first. Pulled it off and as soon as I saw it I remembered hunting some circular stuff over the Atlantic a year or so ago. I had glued a dielectric plate to the cap and forgot about it. Oh well signal is back to normal across the board now and we will write this off as a senior moment, or in this case a year and a half!

So I could not get the 3890 mux on 97W. Today was quite warm for some reason so I decided to try to peak my 12 foot Unimesh. Swung the dish over to AMC 8 and got the ladder out. Decided to remove the cap on my ortho feed to check for bugs first. Pulled it off and as soon as I saw it I remembered hunting some circular stuff over the Atlantic a year or so ago. I had glued a dielectric plate to the cap and forgot about it. Oh well signal is back to normal across the board now and we will write this off as a senior moment, or in this case a year and a half!

Ar you looking for the 3980 mux that recently disappeared?

No, I know it is gone, just wanted to figure out why I could not get it while it was up. Guess I found out why! They did not like being circular polarized!

Reactions: fred555
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts