For all of us in or approaching our senior years

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
So I could not get the 3890 mux on 97W. Today was quite warm for some reason so I decided to try to peak my 12 foot Unimesh. Swung the dish over to AMC 8 and got the ladder out. Decided to remove the cap on my ortho feed to check for bugs first. Pulled it off and as soon as I saw it I remembered hunting some circular stuff over the Atlantic a year or so ago. I had glued a dielectric plate to the cap and forgot about it. Oh well signal is back to normal across the board now and we will write this off as a senior moment, or in this case a year and a half!

So I could not get the 3890 mux on 97W. Today was quite warm for some reason so I decided to try to peak my 12 foot Unimesh. Swung the dish over to AMC 8 and got the ladder out. Decided to remove the cap on my ortho feed to check for bugs first. Pulled it off and as soon as I saw it I remembered hunting some circular stuff over the Atlantic a year or so ago. I had glued a dielectric plate to the cap and forgot about it. Oh well signal is back to normal across the board now and we will write this off as a senior moment, or in this case a year and a half!

Ar you looking for the 3980 mux that recently disappeared?

No, I know it is gone, just wanted to figure out why I could not get it while it was up. Guess I found out why! They did not like being circular polarized!

Reactions: fred555
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts