For the 2nd time I'm a few days late on my bill and..

At least they are not like our water company. If you run 10 days late, they shut it off. Period. No if's, and's, or but's. Reconnection is $35.00. It's unreasonable, in my opinion, because they don't even let you run one bill cycle late, which can sometimes happen if your out of town or if there was an oversight. But what are you going to do except pay the bill on time to keep the service. Everyone needs water and its not like I have a choice of water providers so I think their method is a bit tyrannical.

The same cant be said for satellite tv. It's not a necessity

At least they are not like our water company. If you run 10 days late, they shut it off. Period. No if's, and's, or but's. Reconnection is $35.00. It's unreasonable, in my opinion, because they don't even let you run one bill cycle late, which can sometimes happen if your out of town or if there was an oversight. But what are you going to do except pay the bill on time to keep the service. Everyone needs water and its not like I have a choice of water providers so I think their method is a bit tyrannical.

The same cant be said for satellite tv. It's not a necessity

I think I would petition the local government that licenses your water utility or even run for office myself. Ten days for a public utility is completely unreasonable. DISH's 40 days before even putting up the notice sounds reasonable to me.

Pay it on time and you don't have anything to worry about. Pay late and you face the consequences.

I understand if someone is late by a few days once, extenuating circumstances can cause people to forget to pay a bill or not be able to get it on on time.

But you're still to blame, as you're the late one.

When you are late more than once, you really shouldn't be upset with anyone other than yourself.

Has anyone concidered that the OP's statements could be correct, but that Dish just started calling and sending the popups earlier than usual?

So-It is still late, The way to handle is to call and tell them when you will pay and not complain because they are doing what they have to do.

For the record, I do have the basic package - I don't watch very much TV, and I don't appreciate your rudeness much either.

50 days overdue? My bill was due on 4/21/2009. On around the 26th they bumped it and started harassing me, and I paid it on the 29th as that's when I was able to pay it.

When you work for the State of CA, your pay may be a little.. unreliable to say the least, and I get to thank the "Governator" for that one.

Of course, I'm pissed off. Our family has been customers with them since what, 2002? How dare you accuse me of being a deadbeat.

Seriously, I'm disgusted in the terms of your responses; I've been on this forum quite a while and I think I've provided sensible responses and help over time. I haven't sat here bitching about the lack of sports nets (they raise the price of my programming anyway).

The fact of the matter is, at the end of the day, I'd much rather have no pay TV - I don't watch it! My autistic brother does..

Thanks a lot. I hope you all get laid off.

So, if your girl only gives some guy a handy, she KINDA cheated on your agreement, so don't bitch at her, ok?

You are supposed to pay your bill on a certain date. That is why it is in writing. Why you feel "Bills" have leeway for agreements but you wouldn't think other agreements would, is beyond me.

Be a man, honor your agreements, or cancel the service.

Don't blame a BS economy problem you your lack of moral fiber.

Your word is your word man. Sorry.

On the other hand, I am very glad to see the replies in this thread, good stuff people! Really, if everyone thought and did as you are mostly replying, this country wouldn't be in the problem it is.

"Really, if everyone thought and did as you are mostly replying, this country wouldn't be in the problem it is."

I think a lack of compassion for our fellow citizens is a big reason WHY we're in this mess.

"Really, if everyone thought and did as you are mostly replying, this country wouldn't be in the problem it is."

I think a lack of compassion for our fellow citizens is a big reason WHY we're in this mess.

So, let's see, the OP names his thread late on a bill for the second time and then blames the provider for harassing him and I have no compassion. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

I think people with an "entitlement mentality" is the reason we are in this mess. Work for what you want. Pay for what you get.

So now we bail out people that don't pay their E* bill?

Yeah, so, feeling sorry for him is going to get his bill paid?

Or are we going to talk about raising my taxes to help people pay their cable bills now?

I have no compassion for people that overextend themselves. If you have the carpet ripped out from under you, then I think you should get some help, for a period of time, to get back on your feet. No issue with that.

But "BOOOO ON DISH!!!!" because he didn't keep his word?

Sorry, if you can't keep your end of the agreement, don't make the deal.

the OP has previous threads questioning "moving" procedures. perhaps he doesnt realize how late his bill is as it is being sent to a bogus address?

I think people with an "entitlement mentality" is the reason we are in this mess. Work for what you want. Pay for what you get.

So now we bail out people that don't pay their E* bill?

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I meant we should give everyone free dish network.

Hey! I finally found a useful animated smiley...the eye rolling one!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Man you guys are HARSH! I agree that everyone should pay their bills on time and Dish has a right to do what they need to do to get paid. The problem I have is the way you all jumped on the guy and made him seem like someone who wants something for nothing. He has already stated he has paid his bill, albeit a little late, twice. Now I am glad that apparently noone on here has sometimes run into a little rough spot every now and then and has struggled sometimes. Not everyone can be so lucky. Some of us have a run of bad luck every now and then. Maybe you had a job that you worked 5 days a week and now that times are slow, they cut you down to 3 days. On top of that, the A/C in your house went out and your car just died. You have to somehow find a way to get your car fixed so you can get to work. You go to Wal-Mart and buy some fans so you and your family can keep cool in the meantime. Then it comes down to paying your cable or satellite bill this week or putting it off a while so you can put food in your almost empty fridge. I am not saying this is the case, but you guys don't know that. You just assume he is a deadbeat. I always heard that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

You miss the point. It is not the being late more than once that is the issue but instead of dealing with it by contacting Dish and explaining the circumstances, the OP chose to complain about Dish trying to collect a legitimate debt. I feel sympathetic for his reason for not paying on time but not his actions and taking responsibility as he should have.

i can understand getting late on a bill. the point of this thread was for the op to publicly badmouth dish as if they did something wrong by trying to get paid. he has no sense of responsibility for the consequences of his actions. everybody called him out on it and justice is served.

i notice he didn't reply to the billing dates post i put up.

Okay my point was that sometimes people get frustrated when things go wrong and need to vent. I am not saying that he is right. He isn't. I am just saying that everybody got very nasty with him. You take people saying negative things about E* WAY too seriously. You take it as a personal attack. It is just TV. It's not life or death. Maybe he didn't reply was because you all attacked him. This forum is for people to get help and to share their experiences. There is just way too much attacking of other people for the sake of TV! TV people!! Really??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts