??? For the Installers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
Ordered the DHP plan with 811/522 3 room install (sucks 2 share the 522 between 2 rooms). My question is this:
My buddy has a 301 may give me that he has lying around.
DO the switches they are currently providing (and LNB) allow me to eventually have a 4th line dropped into a room if I wanted it (without having to change the switch/setup).
I am getting my locals and believe their are some on 61.5, so I should be getting 2 dishes (110/119 and 61.5) from what I have been told by friends who havit it if that makes a difference.
My main concern is will I be able to drop a 4th line down on my own (and avoid the $99 charge) without having to replace the switches they are providing with the DHP 811/522 3 room plan.
Thank you.

Well if you are getting two dishes, and the 522, I would say you would be getting a DP34 switch. Thus, you would still have one extra port on the switch to hook up an additonal receiver (1 for 811, 2 for 522, and 1 spare).

-Mark

Thanks. I remember my buddy saying something like he had an SW64 which would work, but don't want to have to swap switches and stuff in case their is a problem the pops up with it one day. I may ask the installer how much it would be to drop the 4th line down while he is here, then pay the $5 a month to add the receiver he should be giving me at a later time.

Does it have anything to do with the LNB's? Or is it just a switch issue.
Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts