Status
Not open for further replies.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
LMAO!!!

Seriously, I came here because one of my friends from here (and NO it wasn't Sabres) e-mailed me to let me know I was being called out.

I open the thread and see people that I don't even know calling me out, or as some have said "man-up".

Question: how does one "man-up" behind the anonymity of a keyboard??? :confused:

I mean "man-up- computer, isn't that an oxymoron?? :eek:

Anyway, I digress...........

In the interest of full disclosure, I PM'd Sabres to let him know why he wouldn't be seeing me around here any longer. However, I did not ask for that PM to go public, but I knew that Sabres would be looking for me after a few days so I PM'd him. My intention was to go away quietly into the night, but instead I have people here questioning my manhood (again behind a computer screen :rolleyes:).

I also love how people are placing the blame on why I left in a vacuum (ie. the Jets are in 1st place thread). It didn't dawn on any of you that that thread looked strange (on my kids life I'm not saying that because I'm a Pats fan either)?? So if the Nashville Predators go into first place, it's okay to start a thread for that, or the Portland Trail Blazers, etc., etc., etc??? What kind of precedent is that setting??? It smacks of flaming to me (because the OP has an agenda to incite), but that's just my opinion (oh, and others). What about all the other crap he has posted? That's okay? I can honestly say that I have NEVER saw a post that wasn't meant to incite someone by him in the Sports Section (you know...........where all the squatters hang out :rolleyes:).

The reason why I left is because, from afar, it looks like this person has carte blanche on anything he posts WITHOUT ANY REPERCUSSIONS (the two Cleveland Browns threads he started, to intentionally incite HD MM is the best example of this), and only because he's a "Supporting Founder" :rolleyes:.
I just got frustated by this, so I decided to leave QUIETLY (thanks Sabres :eek:). 24 hours later I still feel the same way, so it's best that I leave. I just came in here daily, to talk sports (with the other squatters :rolleyes:) in a respectful and knowledgeable environment (and 99% of the posters in the Sports Section are just that.........very classy people :)), and get away from the everyday pressures of life, not have my blood pressure go UP when I'm in here. LOL :eek:

Sabres, I REALLY wish you didn't post my PM, but I'm not mad at you buddy, because I know that your heart (maybe not your head....LOL :D) was in the right place! :)

Ramy, I just want to thank you for welcoming me here, YOU do an awesome job of handling us knuckleheads everyday, and IMO, the Sports Section would be NOTHING without you! :)

I will miss MOST of you, God Bless and Happy Holidays to all......Peace Out! :)

My final thought:

Man-up behind a computer screen........that is sooooooooo rich!!!

Come back if you change your mind. I know how you feel. I wouldn't want to see a "Maryland in 1st Place" thread right about now.

Bill,

We have a great baseball connection. And I respect you HIGHLY. But for you to fall "victim" to these internet pranks shows me a man with very thin skin. I am honestly disappointed that such a thing would cause such drama for you. I respect it, but you have disappointed me greatly. What will I do come next baseball season?

XXXXX COWBOY UP, DUDE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Truth be known, it IS 100% perfectly ok to start a thread on any topic relating to sport in The Sports Section. If you are not interested in the topic, or don't like the topic, it is also ok to not enter the thread, or comment on the thread OR the member starting the thread - this forum is open to ALL members and accepts all perspectives as long as they follow forum rules.

The types of threads that are not allowed are clearly spelled out in our forum rules.

Bill - you have said your piece. I hope you reconsider your decision to leave, but if not take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.