For those current customers with service calls logged:

Lobstah

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2004
I just rec'd email saying that VOOM had cancelled my service call, and that I would not be billed for any services as of the date of the call.

Lob

yes, that is what i post early that they had pull all installs and service call from are system.

t

read

NEW YORK -- Cablevision Systems Corp., a New York area cable TV provider, said it would proceed with a shutdown of its money-losing satellite TV venture called Voom.

In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission released early Friday, Cablevision said the service would no longer be available to customers as of April 30.

The move represented a defeat for Cablevision's chairman and founder Charles Dolan, who had championed the service. His son James, Cablevision's CEO, had sided with board members who opposed it, leading to a bitter family feud.

Investors, who had long been skeptical about Voom's prospects, applauded the company's belated move to exit the satellite business, sending Cablevision's shares up 25 cents. or 1%, to $28.09 in midday trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

I have a service call for rcvr #2 on 4/12

I was not called and no email

I assume this is cancelled, but knowing how their install group works, it probably never even got in the service database.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)