for those that have recently come from dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
mr zulu
to get rid of channle syou dont want to see
create a fav list, and remove the offenders from it.

For those of you using media share, a nice thing to get is Playon. Using playon and the media share feature of your HR series, you can stream netflix, Hulu, amazon vod, ect right to the HD-DVR. It is in SD, but it is a handy little feature.

welcome the new folks who switched to D*

Mr Zulu you get an A+ in your report :) Posting the good and bad and you didnt sugar coat anything ;)

mr zulu
to get rid of channle syou dont want to see
create a fav list, and remove the offenders from it.

Oh thanks! Didn't think of trying that. Will that block them out of the guide? I ask this because I spent a sh*t load of time earlier trying to 'block' channels with the parental controls thinking it would not show them in the guide but it still did. :mad:

a favorite list will only show what channels you want in the guide. If you are on a channel and do a channel up or down it goes to the next channel you have in the list. Example would be if I was on "The 101" (101) and hit channel up. The next channel I get is CNN (202) as the channels in between are not in my favorites

Also I assume you did the "hide SD duplicates" so if there is a HD version available it will only show that in the guide?

Also the HR24 has a decent version of "channels I get"...If I remember right its pretty much the channels you get. Some of the older units its not the best and puts in channels that you may not get but it shows (the sports alternate channels if you dont sub to the multisports pack as example)

welcome the new folks who switched to D*

Mr Zulu you get an A+ in your report :) Posting the good and bad and you didnt sugar coat anything ;)

No prob. I didn't realize how long that was till I was finished. :eek:

a favorite list will only show what channels you want in the guide. If you are on a channel and do a channel up or down it goes to the next channel you have in the list. Example would be if I was on "The 101" (101) and hit channel up. The next channel I get is CNN (202) as the channels in between are not in my favorites

Also I assume you did the "hide SD duplicates" so if there is a HD version available it will only show that in the guide?

That's good.

Also the HR24 has a decent version of "channels I get"...If I remember right its pretty much the channels you get. Some of the older units its not the best and puts in channels that you may not get but it shows (the sports alternate channels if you dont sub to the multisports pack as example)

I've looked but I can't find that setting.

yellow button will bring up the favorites list. There will be 5 options
-edit settings
-all channels
-channels I get
-setup custom 1
-setup custom 2

yellow button will bring up the favorites list. There will be 5 options
-edit settings
-all channels
-channels I get
-setup custom 1
-setup custom 2

Ooh thanks. I see that. I hadn't gone into the favorites menu yet cause I considered that a last option that would be time consuming. I haven't had the time to see how well that will work for me but at least I see the option.

the favorite list is my (no pun intended) favorite :)

gets rid of those pesky knockoff shopping channels from the guide

Ooh thanks. I see that. I hadn't gone into the favorites menu yet cause I considered that a last option that would be time consuming. I haven't had the time to see how well that will work for me but at least I see the option.

While it may take time, you'll be happier when your done.
I use the Custom over the CIG, but I suppose I could use the CIG and edit from there.

You can probably go thru the list in under 15 minutes.

I don't know if you have kids or not, but alot of people will set up a Custom for themselves and a second one for the kids.

Yeah, I use the custom as well. It takes a little time to set it up, but not as long as you might think. After you are done it is much easier going through the guide with all of the filler channels out.

I set up my lists a couple weeks ago (Two HR24-100s) and "Channels I get" has 793 channels (out of 844 checked) so there isn't much to gain by taking that route. I'd love to see a "Channels I get that I pay for" option.

That said, it is actually a good learning experience to go through all the channels a few times, so I didn't mind that initial setup.

I currently have two lists, "Channels I Watch" w/ 187 channels and "Channels I Watch - HD" w/89 channels.

Yeah, I didn't find the channels I get option to be that much of an improvement either. Just went through the process of setting up a custom favorite list and it took some time. Removed all the shopping channels, the Direct info channels, the game channels, the specialty sports subscription channels that I don't get, the PPV channels, the VOD channels, the religious channels, and the regional sports channels I don't get. The last one took the longest and doing it all took quite a bit more effort than it should have been but I've quite a bit happier with the guide now. Now I have to go and repeat this process for two more receivers. :(

Now, if I can only get a custom folder option in the Playlist and a few more options on the keyword search and it will be as good as perfect for me.

Now, if I can only get a custom folder option in the Playlist and a few more options on the keyword search and it will be as good as perfect for me.

Just figured out that the HR24 has some hidden search Boolean/Scope features which I discussed here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...sh-net-new-customers-read-11.html#post2456795

It completely solved my issues with the keyword search/autorecord 'lack of options'. So now I'm down to just missing the custom folders option. Anyone know of a special activation for that that's not explicitly shown in the menu structure?

Just made the switch 1/24. Our first impressions were that D* HD picture was slightly sharper than E*. The remote is a little hard to get used for functionality. I haven't figured out how to reverse, stop and advance one frame at a time (for checking controversial sports calls). I was able to do this with the E* DVR. The program guide is far superior to E* The D* picture seems to have fewer freezes than E*, although this may have been a function of my aging 622. Overall, I am happier with D* than E*.

Just made the switch 1/24. Our first impressions were that D* HD picture was slightly sharper than E*. The remote is a little hard to get used for functionality. I haven't figured out how to reverse, stop and advance one frame at a time (for checking controversial sports calls). I was able to do this with the E* DVR. The program guide is far superior to E* The D* picture seems to have fewer freezes than E*, although this may have been a function of my aging 622. Overall, I am happier with D* than E*.

To go back frame by frame:
Pause then Reverse ..... (not the 8 sec back).
I'm not sure what they call it.

To go back frame by frame:
Pause then Reverse ..... (not the 8 sec back).
I'm not sure what they call it.
Thanks -- that works! Now, if I could just get rid of the time bar at the bottom of the screen while I am advancing one frame at a time -- it always seems to obscure the part of the picture I need to see...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts