For those wanting to upgrade...

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Just a heads up for those wanting to upgrade to the Hopper. If you have inquired about upgrading and the upfront cost was too much for you, try again May 1st. Dish is lowering the price to upgrade to the Hopper with Sling or regular Hopper for certain qualifying customers.

So, if you contacted Dish about upgrading and they quoted you $100 for the Hopper with Sling it will only be $50 starting May 1st. The regular Hopper is less expensive and would have been quoted at $50. Starting May 1st it will be free.

Please remember that this is only for certain qualifying customers. Not all customers are required to pay an upgrade fee. Some of you may still qualify for an free upgrade but it all depends on how your account stands with Dish. So, if you didn't like the price you were quoted recently just try again any day after May 1st.

I didn't realize that Dish was still offering the original Hopper any more.

We do offer the Hopper or HWS for upgrade for our customers. We are trying to get the customers that have a Smart Phone/iPad/Tablet a HWS to enjoy TV Anywhere.

Would you be interested in swapping out your Hopper for the HWS? If so please PM me w/the phone and 4 digit PIN number on the account.
Thanks

So, what if I have a windows phone? :)

A Windows phone? Hey fellas, come look at this, this guy actually has a Windows phone. Why I've never seen one of them there things before. Does it actually work?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Are there still more fees with a HWS versus an original Hopper? I would love to upgrade but don't want more fees than I have now.

There are no differences in monthly fees between the regular Hopper and Hopper with Sling. There may be a difference in an upfront fee when upgrading to one or the other though.

Absent a large library of apps, I think you'd agree that you got no more than you paid for.
The only app I'm missing is a sat finder. Most of the more useful/common apps are available. So, no, I don't agree.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts