For those who want to get the sling adapter for free...

From what I have heard it requires AT200 and also the customer must buy it for $99... then they get a $99 gift card if they fill out a rebate form on DISH Networks website.

So is the sling adapter the only thing I need to watch my recorded programming on my PC from my 722K? Will it do HD?
Your VIP receiver has to be hooked to the internet and you have to have wifi available at the location that you intend to use the sling adapter.

I heard you have to buy it by calling in. Ordering it online will get you nowhere and you have to ask specifically for it.

Its one cable that plugs into the USB on your 722k.

Plug it in and your done, no configuration or anything... true plug and play. :)

The Slingbox Solo and Pro need video cables hooked up to the Slingbox, then need IR blasters hooked up to control the satellite receiver...

The DISH Sling Adapter does not need any of that. :)

So will this be required in order for the "soon" to be released sling extender to work? Or is the extender a stand alone item?
If you have a 722/722k, then you WILL need the sling adapter for the extender to work. If you have a 922, you will NOT need the adapter since the 922 has built-in sling.