for those with a 522 or 625, remote Access is now up and running

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
For those who have 522 or 625 receivers, from the Dish Network Website:

Introducing a Whole New Way to Manage Your DVR - anywhere, anytime!

DISH Remote Access is the only way to truly ensure you never miss your favorite shows or sporting events.

With DISH Remote Access, you can:
Schedule DVR recordings from anywhere
Browse and search the program guide
View graphics and poster art of your favorite shows and movies

Qualified Receivers: 522, 625, ViP® 622,ViP® 612, ViP® 722, ViP® 722k

Is this via phone connection or USB or how? I don't believe the SD dual tuner DVR's have an Ethernet jack.

log on to you account at dishnetwork.com, go to remote access, follow the promps

Is this via phone connection or USB or how? I don't believe the SD dual tuner DVR's have an Ethernet jack.
They don't. The remote programming is done via satellite, as reported in another thread. (Tech chat?)

I disconnected my 722 from the Internet and verified that I could still schedule a recording. The recording shows up in the schedule on my DVR with a new icon - somthing that kind of looks like a bad representation of a satellite antenna.

Any shows I schedule this way get their priority set to number 1 so you are guaranteed it will be recorded. If your DVR is connected to the Internet, scheduled shows are set to the lowest priority. This makes sense to me since if you have your DVR connected to the Internet you can change the priority via the web, if the command to record the show is sent via the satellite, you can't.

And IIRC from the Tech Chat, it is done on the Half hour, so if you suddenly remember to record your show that just started, you may not get it.

FWIW, at about 3 minutes after the hour (with my DVR disconnected from the Internet) I scheduled a recording for a show that started on the hour, and my DVR started recording it almost immediately.

Any shows I schedule this way get their priority set to number 1 so you are guaranteed it will be recorded. If your DVR is connected to the Internet, scheduled shows are set to the lowest priority. This makes sense to me . . .<snip>
[Rant on]
Actually that has never made sense to me. When I set a new timer, it is a good bet I care about recording that show more than older timers I may have forgotten about. Please Dish Network, make the priority default to number 1 for ALL new timers!
[Rant off]

On my 722 this seems to have broken my web configuration... when I try to go to the my DVR tap it tells me to connect my DVR to the net. It never even tries to connect my receiver at all. It used to work before... I haven't changed anything either.

On my 722 this seems to have broken my web configuration... when I try to go to the my DVR tap it tells me to connect my DVR to the net. It never even tries to connect my receiver at all. It used to work before... I haven't changed anything either.
I've been seeing that for the last week or so on all 3 of my DVRs. Just hit your refresh button and that should fix it. I don't know what exactly they changed on the web interface, but obviously there's a timout that's now way too short.

I can't use it, anytime I go it tells me to "get started" and have to put my DOB.

And when it finally takes me to dish.sling.com it tells me my receiver is not online ( and it CAN'T ever be online cuz it is a 625)

[Rant on]
Actually that has never made sense to me. When I set a new timer, it is a good bet I care about recording that show more than older timers I may have forgotten about. Please Dish Network, make the priority default to number 1 for ALL new timers!
[Rant off]

I disagree 100%

I have a 625 but I cannot find the Remote Access option in Account Management. I logon to my account, I see the various options along the left side of the window, but no Remote Access. When I go look at the Remote Access FAQ it says: Compatible DVRs include the ViP® 612, ViP® 622, ViP® 722, ViP® 722k. Is it really supported for the 625?

KCG

I have a 625 but I cannot find the Remote Access option in Account Management. I logon to my account, I see the various options along the left side of the window, but no Remote Access. When I go look at the Remote Access FAQ it says: Compatible DVRs include the ViP® 612, ViP® 622, ViP® 722, ViP® 722k. Is it really supported for the 625?

KCG

I've used it a few times for my 625

Hi:

I finally found (after three attempts) someone at DISH Support who knew what was going on with DISH Remote Access. They tell me that the feature is not available to subscribers in Hawai'i, Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. This is why I am unable to enable it. They say that they have no information on when or if it will be available to us.

Is there anyone in this forum that is in one of these geographies that has the feature working, as a counterproof?

Thanks! KCG

Hi:

I finally found (after three attempts) someone at DISH Support who knew what was going on with DISH Remote Access. They tell me that the feature is not available to subscribers in Hawai'i, Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. This is why I am unable to enable it. They say that they have no information on when or if it will be available to us.

Is there anyone in this forum that is in one of these geographies that has the feature working, as a counterproof?

Thanks! KCG

Are you talking about just the off-line access?

Mitch

Kona,

I can see how the off-line access may not work from Hawaii. It is satellite based and does not require the net to communicate with your receiver. However I cannot understand how the on-line broadband based system would not work from there.

Mitch

Hi Mitch:

I agree, but he was quite clear that was the issue. He couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me why it was not supported for Hawai'i, but living over here makes one used to these sorts of "features".

I was mostly asking if there was anyone on the forum that was also from Hawai'i that had managed to get Remote Access working.

It's Aloha Friday - enjoy the weekend!

KCG

I've tried this several times in the past few days, but it's not working with my 625. I can't pick which 625 to record to either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)