For you that have recently started service with DTV what type of HD DVR did you get?

What model of HD DVR and HD rcvr did you get?

• HR24 from DTV

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • HR24 from Local rep

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • not HR24 from DTV

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • not HR24 from Local rep

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • H24 from DTV

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • H24 from Local Rep

• not H24 from DTV

• not H24 from Local rep

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdinsd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
HR24 or other?
Was this from DTV or a local?
For those that got just HD rcvrs, what type did you get?
What exact date and area are you in?

Last edited:
I won't click the pole but as an installer I will say over 95% of what we get are HR24's.
We have a few refurbs in the warehouse right now that are other then 24's but we try to save them for upgrades.
(This is not under direction) However, as they age they will get in where they fit in.
Basically if you order D* in my area you will most likely get an HR24.

I only do installs for orders made through D*

I ordered online from DTV last month. When scheduling the install, there was a place to leave a note to the installer. I typed "If you do not have 2 HR24s and an H24, call me to reschedule for after you receive your next shipment." He had the HR24s and the H24 so we didn't reschedule and I don't know if my note made a difference but that was the way I went about ensuring I got what I wanted.

My install was yesterday. The tech brought me a brand new HR24. I hadn't requested anything specific. He said that he wouldn't leave the shop with anything but the newest model. I was happy. There's a little black box with coax connected that plugs into the wall. Is that the DECA everyone talks about?

Date = Oct 2010, Location = So. Cal. Ordered 1 HD DVR, 1 HD Receiver and 1 SD receiver. Sales rep said they would install H24, but watching this forum, I was doubtful. Before my install DirecTV called me and upgraded me to 2 HR24s. I am so glad they did, it has been a real benefit. Thank you DirecTV.

Installed Oct 2010... 2 H24's and 1 HR24... Life is good and wife is happy... CC

When I started with D* in Feb last year I got a R15...what a pile. I bought a R22 from an Ebay dealer and swapped. The R22 honestly is the best SD DVR out there with the ability to have HD turned on

Found a R15 at a goodwill and used that for 2 months (hey I paid $5 for it) ...then it died and D* sent me a refurb R22 :)
Upgraded to HD and they brought a H23....the R22's automatically got HD turned on

I ordered online from DTV last month. When scheduling the install, there was a place to leave a note to the installer. I typed "If you do not have 2 HR24s and an H24, call me to reschedule for after you receive your next shipment." He had the HR24s and the H24 so we didn't reschedule and I don't know if my note made a difference but that was the way I went about ensuring I got what I wanted.

I can honestly say that most likely it did not.

Also, my HSP would not reschedule you, they would just cancel your order as a whole.

When I started with D* in Feb last year I got a R15...what a pile. I bought a R22 from an Ebay dealer and swapped. The R22 honestly is the best SD DVR out there with the ability to have HD turned on

I agree, the R22 is the best standard DVR available.
Most techs cringe at them but I try and grab them up.
So many advantages with it.

I even hook them up with HDMI's on standard def accounts if possible and they I notice a small difference.

As far as the r15, if I can help it, I never grab one.

I agree, the R22 is the best standard DVR available.
I agree. Stonecold was floored when I mentioned I got one as a replacement for a R15

I even hook them up with HDMI's on standard def accounts if possible and they I notice a small difference.

yep. Thats what I did originally. Hooked up via HDMI. Plus they can do the 30 skip and VOD :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)