force tivo to record only programs on HD channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

obeythelaw

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
New Jersey
I was wondering if it was possible to force the HD tivo to record only programs on HD channels when the same program is being shown on a non HD channel? Fro some reason it looks like tivo will record both?
Also, i had setup a wishlist with keyword and category. it lists the programs i want recorded when i view "view upcoming programs." but the other day, it didn't record something on the wishlist even though i have it set to auto record wishlist programs.

I was wondering if it was possible to force the HD tivo to record only programs on HD channels when the same program is being shown on a non HD channel? Fro some reason it looks like tivo will record both?

The only way I was ever able to do that was to go into the channel setup and remove those duplicate channels that do not receive the HD signal so the receiver does not try to record ffrom them.

man, with all this technology, there should be a setting to record only the hd feed. oh well, an inconvenience.

When I select a program to record using the search by title, it will show several time selections and several channels for the same program. I just pick the one that is on a HD channel.

obeythelaw said:
Also, i had setup a wishlist with keyword and category. it lists the programs i want recorded when i view "view upcoming programs." but the other day, it didn't record something on the wishlist even though i have it set to auto record wishlist programs.

If you go to "Pick Programs To Record", Then "To Do List", then choose "Recording History", you can see why a program on a auto-record Wishlist was not recorded.

For a wishlist, you should be able to add a filter for Audio&Video/HDTV. I would also check your settings on the recording options for First Run Only, Repeats & First Run, etc. That may have caused something not to record.

I have also removed, regular ESPN and ESPN2 from my channels I receive list, so nothing gets recorded from there.

If you are more specific on what you are trying to record, maybe we can help figure out the best way to set up the wishlist.

I was able to setup a season pass on the HD channels and I've never had any issues. You just need to make sure when you set it up that the channel listed is the HD channel.

Make sure you do first run on the Season Pass ..I never have issues like that..I do like American Chopper only on HD and thats all i get even though repeat it a million times on SD and HD ...

The reason he's getting both is that he used a wishlist instead of a season pass. A SP is specific to the channel it's setup on.

Set up a season pass if possible. the other option is to remove the SD channel form the 'channels I receive' if the DTivo will let you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)