Forced guide update?

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
What's up with the forced guide updates today? About 4 o'clock this afternoon my Wally shut off and started to update the guide (it's set to do that at 2am) during a ballgame. The wife's Wally just now (8:30pm) shut down and started updating the guide. Her Wally is also set to do that at 2am. What the heck is going on?

What's up with the forced guide updates today? About 4 o'clock this afternoon my Wally shut off and started to update the guide (it's set to do that at 2am) during a ballgame. The wife's Wally just now (8:30pm) shut down and started updating the guide. Her Wally is also set to do that at 2am. What the heck is going on?
I did a forced guide update this afternoon on a Hoppe 3 with Plus and it took 3x longer than usual. I have not been watching much TV today to notice any reboots. I hate when you are recording, and it happens.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hi Joseph or Josephine
How did you force a guide update? My OTA local channel guide is out of wack, and I'd like to fix it.
It’s on the diagnostic screen, hit the home button or if you have the 40.0 remote, the menu button three times to get to diagnostics, scroll down to where it says tools and then in the sub menu you’ll see a guide update.

I find it works better if you select that and then click on yes and then power the hopper up at the front panel. Seems like the download starts quicker.

It’s on the diagnostic screen, hit the home button or if you have the 40.0 remote, the menu button three times to get to diagnostics, scroll down to where it says tools and then in the sub menu you’ll see a guide update.

I find it works better if you select that and then click on yes and then power the hopper up at the front panel. Seems like the download starts quicker.
thanks Hip
That has to be done on the Hopper, right? Not a Joey

Hey
I tried this, but I see that the guide is wrong for one OTA channel. It's my local NBC channel, and it displays the program guide for Telemundo, a sister company.