Forget ESPN-HD, where's INHD 1 & 2?

hornmdt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
Having both Directv base pkg + Hd package and Va Va Voom I already get ESPN-HD along with Hdnet and Hdnet movies. Instead of duplication (like Discovery HD) I'd like Voom to add stuff that I can't already get like INHD 1 & 2 programming, TNT-HD, NBA-TV HD or anything else currently available or available soon in HD.

I used to be a premium Directv customer but cut back to allocate those funds to my Voom programming. I'll always keep Directv as long as they have the exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket. Still approx. same amount out of pocket each month with a ton more HD.

I also was wondering if anyone else has given any thought to the idea that the "strange" Voom HD content like MOOV, Gallery, etc. are only "place holders" until more HD content is available like regional sports, USA network, etc.?

INHD 1 & 2 were listed in the original VOOM brochure that I got from Sears. There was a recent post in the Yahoo group list from Wilt with VOOM that indicated that VOOM still intended to have the channels listed in the original brochure but it was a matter of pending negotiations.

right but encore hd was not listed anywhere, and now we have it, so takes a spot of a channel that we were supposed to have in the original 39, so something had to change, and i dont think inhd 1 and 2 is in the cards right now.

hornmdt said:
Having both Directv base pkg + Hd package and Va Va Voom I already get ESPN-HD along with Hdnet and Hdnet movies. Instead of duplication (like Discovery HD) I'd like Voom to add stuff that I can't already get like INHD 1 & 2 programming, TNT-HD, NBA-TV HD or anything else currently available or available soon in HD.

I used to be a premium Directv customer but cut back to allocate those funds to my Voom programming. I'll always keep Directv as long as they have the exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket. Still approx. same amount out of pocket each month with a ton more HD.

I also was wondering if anyone else has given any thought to the idea that the "strange" Voom HD content like MOOV, Gallery, etc. are only "place holders" until more HD content is available like regional sports, USA network, etc.?

That is your personal situation. Others, like me, want ESPN-HD.

"I also was wondering if anyone else has given any thought to the idea that the "strange" Voom HD content like MOOV, Gallery, etc. are only "place holders" until more HD content is available like regional sports, USA network, etc.?"

Art = "Strange". A sad state of affairs, but thats just my opinion.

-Chris

If V* picked up InHD and InHD2 I would be on the phone ordering it within an hour.

Chris

I'm sure that many are sitting on the fence. ESPN must be added and InHD would be a nice get. I'm not sure how Voom is doing in terms of new subscriptions. The last report that I saw was 1600 or so but I'm quite sure that number has risen substantially. Voom needs ESPN if only for survival. Even I would gladly give up a little artsy fartsy programming for more sports(Only if its a bandwidth issue).

-Chris

If VOOM adds ESPN-HD before SportsCenter HD is launched in early June, they are going to get a lot of complaints about the channel from customers who aren't familiar with what it currently offers (which is nothing in HD, except 3-4 sporting events per week).

That said, I would like to see the Stanley Cup Playoffs and NBA Eastern Conference Finals in HD.

neo0285 said:
right but encore hd was not listed anywhere, and now we have it, so takes a spot of a channel that we were supposed to have in the original 39, so something had to change, and i dont think inhd 1 and 2 is in the cards right now.
That would be a very poor swap. Encore and bravo could fall off the list and I wouldnt miss them. inhd1 and 2 has content similar to hdnet and we badly need it.

Ken F said:
If VOOM adds ESPN-HD before SportsCenter HD is launched in early June, they are going to get a lot of complaints about the channel from customers who aren't familiar with it currently offers (which is nothing in HD, except 3-4 sporting events per week).

That said, I would like to see the Stanley Cup Playoffs and NBA Eastern Conference Finals in HD.
It will still only be 3-4 HD sporting events a week , but we are talking about content. we need the content of espn and espn2. It will all come as a package. I certainly would not complain about not seeing Dan patrick in HD on espnhd before june. Its the same espnhd that everyone else has, there is no legit complaint.

vurbano said:
That would be a very poor swap. Encore and bravo could fall off the list and I wouldnt miss them. inhd1 and 2 has content similar to hdnet and we badly need it.

I think Bravo is one of VOOM's best offerings. I watch it all the time, especially when there are philharmonic symphonies playing. There is more to life than sports, although important for balance.

Ti-maniac said:
I think Bravo is one of VOOM's best offerings. I watch it all the time, especially when there are philharmonic symphonies playing. There is more to life than sports, although important for balance.
Bravo? old olympic coverage?. repeat opera performances? your joking tight? BravoHD you think that compares to HBOHD? DiscoveryhD? or could even be in the same ballpark with HDNET or inhd?

hornmdt said:

I would prefer V* added espnhd and inhd1 and 2 thus making D* only relevant for sports pay packages. After Mpeg4 or whatever they are going to deploy to get over 60 HD channels that would be the time for RSN and NBATV. Thus making D* stricktly an ala cart for sunday ticket. The first thing V* must do is duplicate D*'s HD offerings!! to entice D* customers to drop their HD package!!!!!! Youve got it totally wrong!

vurbano said:
Bravo? old olympic coverage?. repeat opera performances? your joking tight? BravoHD you think that compares to HBOHD? DiscoveryhD? or could even be in the same ballpark with HDNET or inhd?

Actually do ever listen to the same CD twice? Or do you prefer watching some guy scratch is nuts on the pitchers mound?

I had ESPN HD for 8 months and have had INHD for 3 weeks. Believe me when I say that the two INHD channels are more than TWICE the benefit of ESPN HD. AND, I love to watch sports. These channels are gorgeous and have hours and hours of live sports.

In fact, the best MLB game I have ever seen was broadcast on INHD from Petco field in San Diego. I do not know if the PQ was attributable to the new stadium, or the lighting or to INHD or a combination of all the above, but it looked STELLAR.

I would really push for INHD as a voomer.

Ti-maniac said:
Actually do ever listen to the same CD twice? Or do you prefer watching some guy scratch is nuts on the pitchers mound?

Hi Def nut scratching... is that an new extreme sport or something ;)