Former Chicago Bear, Dave Duerson found dead...

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
February 18, 2011, 3:08 PM ET
Dave Duerson found dead at 50

ESPNChicago.com

Dave Duerson, a starting safety on the 1985 Chicago Bears team that won the Super Bowl, was found dead in his Miami home, the team said Friday. He was 50.

Miami-Dade Police Detective Robert Williams says the body of a Dave Duerson was found Thursday in Sunny Isles Beach, Fla. Computer records show that the Duerson who lived at the address was born the same month and year as the player.

Investigators have not determined the cause of death. Williams says detectives are awaiting the medical examiner's report.

"Our family asks that you please remember Dave as a good, kind, and caring man," Duerson's ex-wife, Alicia Duerson, said, according to NBCChicago.com. "He loved and cherished his family and friends and was extremely proud of his beloved Notre Dame and ... Chicago Bears. Please keep Dave and our family in your prayers."

Ex-Chicago Bears, Notre Dame DB Dave Duerson dead at 50 - ESPN Chicago

RIP

I heard he told family to have his brain researched for the concussions he had taken over his career to see if it caused a lot of his problems.

I heard he told family to have his brain researched for the concussions he had taken over his career to see if it caused a lot of his problems.

Sad isn't. And I see the NFL players are fighting to get more money for retired players and their medical issues...some of these things is what fans should look at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)