whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Former MLB pitcher Jose Capellan dead at age 34
Former major league pitcher Jose Capellan was found dead in his Philadelphia home on Tuesday night after suffering an apparent heart attack. He was 34.According to Patricia Capellan, Jose's wife, Capellan was home alone at the time of his death. Her stepfather, Alejandro Almonte, discovered his body around 8 p.m. ET.She also revealed to ESPNdeportes.com that Capellan had a sleeping disorder and had been battling an addiction with the prescription drug Ambien, although it was not immediately clear if either played a role in his death. Authorities are currently awaiting the results of an autopsy, which they believe could provide more answers. "Apparently it was a heart attack, [according to] the paramedics who responded to the emergency call," Patricia Capellan said. "I was working when I received a call telling me that Jose was dead. I could not believe it. He was alone in the house. "When I got home, the police were already there. They asked me if he used any other medication because there was indications that his heart could not resist anymore. Jose had no love problems or other problems, such as have been speculating on social networks. He didn't drink alcohol, but had lost control in the use of sleeping pills."Capellan, who grew up in Cotui, Sanchez Ramirez in the Dominican Republic, was signed by the Atlanta Braves as an amateur free agent in 1998. He was only 17 at the time. Six years later, he debuted with the Braves in a game against the Montreal Expos on Sept. 12, 2004, but his major league stint with Atlanta was a short one. The following winter, Capellan was traded with Alec Zumwalt to the Milwaukee Brewers for Danny Kolb, who was coming off an All-Star season as the Brewers' closer.Unfortunately, Capellan never panned out as a starter or reliever. He went on to appear in just 99 big league games with the Braves, Brewers, Tigers and Rockies, posting a 5-7 record with a 5.89 ERA. He had not appeared in a major league game since 2008.Capellan went on to spend several seasons in Korea and the Dominican Republic Winter League, suiting up for Gigantes del Cibao and Toros del Este. He last appeared during 2013-14 winter season with the Toros. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...r-jose-capellan-dead-at-age-34-070414123.html R.I.P