Former NJ Net Williams pleads guilty to shooting death of limousine driver..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I can, but all people care about is that someone died, and then ignore anything that goes against their judgement of that person. To them the legal system doesn't matter, nor do the circumstances of the crime, because someone died.

People are just being irrational so that they can be right.

Well, if he doesn't make the team, does that mean he makes zero for the rest of the year and the rest of his life, or does it mean he then tries to hitch up with another team that might pay him the same amount of money, or even more if the value of this $900,000 contract was held in check by the bad publicity it presently have brought to the team that signed him?

Like it did Mike Vick?

I can, but all people care about is that someone died, and then ignore anything that goes against their judgement of that person. To them the legal system doesn't matter, nor do the circumstances of the crime, because someone died.

It's not because someone died. It's because someone KILLED a man. In both cases. You seem to make your argument by ignoring that fact, which is a bit irrational.

It's not because someone died. It's because someone KILLED a man. You seem to make your argument by ignoring that fact, which is a bit irrational.

Yes, it's because someone died. In the case of Stallworth's accident, the pedestrian he killed was jaywalking. The end result was a fatality.

My point being that a few of the posters in this thread act like both of the people being talked about here tied their victims to a chair tortured them and then blew their brains out while their children watched.

They didn't, they were both very unfortunate accidents, and that's why the laws were applied the way they were. Some of you guys are very smart and articulate posters, but when it comes to a topic like this you just seem to lose your minds, I don't get it.

Last edited:
Except he still has to make the team to earn any of that $900k. Yeah, he will drive again. In 5 years he can apply to be able to drive to work and back. That will be 3 years after he gets to stop wearing the bracelet on his ankle. I wonder how that works during the NFL season.
I officiate HS football and we get kids with those ankle bracelets. They're treated like casts; they have to be padded with no sharp edges. No problem!!

Yes, it's because someone died. In the case of Stallworth's accident, the pedestrian he killed was jaywalking. The end result was a fatality.
And Stallworth was drunk, high on pot, crack, crystal meth, etc. Maybe if he was sober he could have avoided the pedestrian. You act like all Stallworth is guilty of is a minor traffic violation, like not using a turn signal to change lanes. He killed a person. No it wasn't intentional and that's why he shouldn't get the electric chair, but 30 days in jail is a joke of a sentence. I'd say 10 years in somewhere like the prison in the Shawshank Redemption, with the sisters as cellmates would be a fair sentence.

Like I said, if you're going to exaggerate everything by adding made up stuff and understate the punishment, there's no point in anyone really reading your nonsense. He had marijuana in his system, and was over the legal limit (after drinking hours prior, sleeping, then waking up and driving... the accident happened at 7am). The only way they even knew this is because they drew blood as part of their routine investigation of the accident as part of his full cooperation at the scene. He wasn't even arrested (and prior to this incident has never been arrested, has a clean record).

So feel free to provide links to all these reports of hard drugs in his system or stop trolling.

Like I said, if you're going to exaggerate everything by adding made up stuff and understate the punishment, there's no point in anyone really reading your nonsense. He had marijuana in his system, and was over the legal limit (after drinking hours prior, sleeping, then waking up and driving... the accident happened at 7am). The only way they even knew this is because they drew blood as part of their routine investigation of the accident as part of his full cooperation at the scene. He wasn't even arrested (and prior to this incident has never been arrested, has a clean record).

So feel free to provide links to all these reports of hard drugs in his system or stop trolling.
Doesn't matter exactly what was in his system. If you're not sober and you get in an accident then you don't have a leg to stand on. And quit pretending like getting his drivers license suspended and probation is some sort of real punishment. He got 30 days behind bars and that was the only puinshment he faced. Imagine if he had been smoking crack and hit a school bus and killed several children. He might have had to do 60, maybe 90 days in jail. Oh and 20 hrs of community service. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter exactly what was in his system. If you're not sober and you get in an accident then you don't have a leg to stand on. And quit pretending like getting his drivers license suspended and probation is some sort of real punishment. He got 30 days behind bars and that was the only puinshment he faced. Imagine if he had been smoking crack and hit a school bus and killed several children. He might have had to do 60, maybe 90 days in jail. Oh and 20 hrs of community service. :rolleyes:

He also got enough community service that to finish he'd have do it full time for 6 months... and just because he has money doesn't warrant additional punishment, he's constitutionally protected there. Losing your license and probation are normal moving violation-type punishments and not unusual.

You're the one playing pretend here, with your hypotheticals to back up his imaginary coke and meth habit.

I'd say stick to the facts, but it's clear you don't care for them. You continue over and over to prove my point - someone died so the details don't matter, when the details are exactly why his plea deal ended up the way it was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts