Former Vikings safety Orlando Thomas dies at 42 of ALS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Former Vikings safety Orlando Thomas dies at 42 of ALS
By Eric Edholm 5 hours ago Shutdown Corner
According to ESPN, former Minnesota Vikings safety Orlando Thomas has died at the age of 42. He suffered from ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), aka Lou Gehrig's disease. Adam Schefter ? @AdamSchefter
Follow

Former Vikings S Orlando Thomas, who led NFL in INTs during rookie year in 1995, died last night of ALS. He was 42, like his uniform number.
9:34 AM - 10 Nov 2014

Thomas played in the NFL from 1995 to 2001, collecting 22 interceptions — nine during that rookie season — in 98 career games, all with the Vikings.

"Nobody's ever fought a battle like Orlando fought, with so much dignity — I never saw anything like it," Thomas' agent, Mark Bartelstein, told Schefter on Monday. "It's just incredible. He never had a sense of self pity, never felt sorry for himself. He was always worried about everyone else. He was just the most incredible person I've ever been around."

Thomas revealed in 2007 that he had ALS after he started experiencing symptoms about three years earlier. In interviews, Thomas always tried to find the blessings in life. Kevin Seifert ? @SeifertESPN
Follow

Did not know Orlando Thomas well, but @markcraignfl story resonates. “Every day is a holiday,” OT would say as he suffered from ALS.
9:47 AM - 10 Nov 2014
His death is just the latest in the long line of ALS-related ailments among former NFL players. We raised the connection between ALS and playing in the NFL when former special-teams ace Tim Shaw announced he was suffering from the disease back in August, and it certainly will remain a topic of concern now with the announcement of Thomas' death at such a young age. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...lando-thomas-dies-at-42-of-als-164107060.html R.I.P

I didn't know any other NFL player was suffering from ALS. R.I.P.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)