Fortec Dynamic Power Scan?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vestal

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Abingdon,Virginia
My Fortec Dynamic will no longer Power Scan (Blind Scan)

I have tried a few sats and it will not pick up any transponders, even on a sat that I was watching a program on. Was watching the NBC Mux on 72w and when I scanned the sat no transponders were found, I could still watch the NBC Mux

Any ideas what might be the problem.

Thanks

In the past that has meant that you have too many transponders/channels in memory. You can use the channel editor to remove transponders that are not in use, especially from sats that you don't use. That may help with the problem. The usual cause of Merc II blindscan failure is too much memory being used. Another option is to Restore Factory Defaults ( which means starting over again ).

:)

Vestal, Did you try saving everything...backup, restore etc....? If it doesn't work..if nothing you try works you can wipe everything out, and start from scratch. If you want to delete everything well I'm doing this from memory.....At reset...delete...ok type in 5289 with the remote...You will totally reset and lose everything by doing this but it maybe your only option....hope something I said helps....Blind

Try this.
1) Menu- Factory Reset
2) Channel Backup- Press OK
3) Factory RESET - Press OK
4) Channel Recovery- Press OK.

:)

Tried the Backup and Reset.

I lost all my Channel List but after setting up the motor settings and a couple of Sats I did a power scan and everything seems to be working fine.

I guess it's good to have to redo everything from time to time, it keeps you practiced on the setup steps.

Thanks guys for the help.

Now back to the Antenna Setup Menu.

Take care

Charles

Fortec & Pansats seem to go mental when you have too many TP's logged in. I learned to go through and clean out the TP's that arent 24/7.

Pansat I know you can delete the TP and the channel stays....I think the newer Fortecs do not do that and the channel leaves too

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts