Fortec editing software

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Perfesser

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
I just ran across this looking for something less flaky than GTools (details of THAT later as I need some input on it).

It has a limited demo life but it worked fine for the short trial I had; will follow up as soon as I get my reg number for it (shouldn't say the 'K' word around here!!)
OK, paranoid...since I can't put in a link can I say 'Google for SetEditUltra'??
Also editors for other receivers .

The gory details; other than the problem with missing toolbar, GTools consistently screws up the LNB on/off and DiSeqC settings in EVERY satellite and shows G3 C and IA 8 Ku as 0.0E instead of the correct 95 and 89 W -settings are correct in the receiver so I really don't trust GTools to write back correctly if it's data file is corrupt. Not a comm issue as it's consistently the same problem; comm problems would be random.
I'm working with 3 different versions of Gtools, 1.85 from Fortec, 1.86 which I found this morning and 1.85 for Win 98 on a 98SE computer and they all do exactly the same thing - SetEdit got the LNB and DiSeqC settings right but the sats are still messed up so that's probably in the receiver setup; next step, I guess, delete and rebuild them.
Anyone else see this with GTools (and don't say upgrade to WinXP to fix it).

One more thing; saw a mention of Fortec firmware 2.77 close to release.

I found something called Channel Master, that works great. Allows me to edit the channels, satellites, and transponders for my Coolsat.

It's a bit of a bugger to find however, and I don't think the majority use it for legit reasons like I am.

Man, that was QUICK! Already got the registration file for Setedit so I have some work to do...I'll put up a review later.

Does this program allow you to view the PID's on Dish Network satellites? I would love to be able to look at the datsteam like John H does.

Don't know about Dishnet data but SetEdit WORKS! I'm still trying to resolve that issue with the satellite positions ;got one cured and haven't done another data dump to see if the other is fixed. Ny receiver is really flaky today; it pitched a major fit just as I was starting to test SetEdit and finally just quit doing anything. I think it's a heat related problem as it just came back by itself after it cooled down.
Makes me nervous about doing a firmware upgrade but that might be part of the problem.
BTW, what is 20 Euros in dollars??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)